Wine

1600045933905.jpeg

First time trying, lives up to the hype.

This is on the shelf near me. I’ll have to pick up a bottle!

C8406E68-86CD-42FE-8403-9C7ECACCD547.jpeg
Opened this up last night not really knowing what to expect. Lots of vanilla on the nose w a really unique ripe red tomato note in the taste. Almost savory. Might try it again tonight.

How was it? Stayed in an Airbnb about a mile away from them a few months ago and only found out they were that close afterwards. Planning on stopping in on the way through in the future!
If you're in the area, I'd say it's definitely worth a trip. I gather they're decently sized because their website lists a lot of wines. I've only had two -- this 2014 Zin and the 2013 Ti A Fi, which is a red blend that's a good chunk Syrah. Candidly, I don't recall a ton about the Ti A Fi because I drank it in March and that seems like 50 years ago.

I do like that they're using amphora and neutral oak. So many of the big CA reds are in fresh oak, and you lose the taste of the wine IMO. The Zin had a little bit of that vanilla oak character, but nothing that turned me off. My girlfriend and I had no problem finishing the bottles, and I'm curious to try more if I come across them.

Fabrice Dodane is a rather new face in the Jura, but his wines under the Domaine de Saint Pierre name are proving themselves to be real gems. Besides using grapes grown on his own vines, he purchases grapes from trusted growers throughout France to bring back with him to Jura and use in blends under the Le Dos d'Chat brand. This bottle is a monoblend of gamay from beaujolais that was vinified in Jura. Great wine. Dry, nice minerality, soft and light sour cherry profile, with good acidity and structure. Not nearly as complex or interesting as his Jura grown Pinot's or Ploussards, but a very great wine at a good price.

6A3FA377-0703-41F6-B9C9-7328FDA5B86B.jpeg

It's been a week (and year, as we all know). I should be asleep, but I'm sipping this instead.

07E9685A-990C-48F0-A9C8-5E33C96D8DC6.jpeg

Being lazy and adding the tech sheet for the extra nerd info. Arnad isn't exactly as famous as Piedmont/Puglia/Tuscany, etc etc, but this is fun. Also yes, this is the glassware you use when you're a beer gal living in a wine world. 🤷🏻‍♀️

A7F9F7FD-E7D3-460C-B503-BFB2BC6F0F0F.jpeg

IMG-20201025-122925.jpg

I have a soft spot for Bordeaux wines.
This is a great vintage.

My personal preference for Morgon is a minimum of 3 years age. I usually won’t open before then.
I tend to agree, though I don’t have a hard rule on age. The Beaujolais stuff usually holds up great. I’m finicky though and so many old wines taste old to me. Maybe I’m in a phase where I just like bright, younger wines

Back