Wine

Fuck me this is a good wine. 100% aleatico that underwent carbonic maceration for a few weeks before evening pressed off to a vat for the rest of its fermentation and elevage. The nose on this is insane. Like freshly squished raspberries mixed with lilac or other garden flowers. The palate is amazing as well. Very lively and deep berry flavors almost like fruit leather, while also being very light and dry as well. Really delicious stuff. Id put this right behind the Rosato (also 100% aleatico) as my favorite le coste wine. I think I just like aleatico though...

969B4BCE-4E3F-49A5-904E-1DC94DC0C4BD.jpeg

ECCF00EA-3509-4680-90C4-406A96DDE750.jpeg

Pet Nat of Chenin Blanc. Have yet to be disappointed by Lo-Fi!
Oh man, I love the regular Chenin... this one has to be fucking fire. Investigating first thing tomorrow [as it's not popping up on our portal].

A buddy of mine opened up a cheese shop in Lawrence, KS and I recently picked up a few bottles from him to support.
1605626229067.png

I remember this tasting like a salty saison. Very yeasty.

Echeverría makes a damn fine cab for $12ish (this coming from someone who does not gravitate toward that grape). What shop? I have a friend in Lawrence and I'm sure he might be interested in supporting.

Picked these two up from a friend's shop in the Jersey City neighborhood next to mine. Can't wait to get into the Southold (left; Layne, have you had?). Currently sipping on the Labyrinth and it's just an easygoing, fruity glass of mostly Sangiovese (and then Barbera, Primitivo, and Zin). Sangiovese isn't my go-to red grape any more than Cab, Merlot, or Pinot, but something about this spoke to me, and I am glad it did.
AEA3F7EB-F8F8-471D-8650-77E031F0B1FA.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh man, I love the regular Chenin... this one has to be fucking fire. Investigating first thing tomorrow [as it's not popping up on our portal].

Echeverría makes a damn fine cab for $12ish (this coming from someone who does not gravitate toward that grape). What shop? I have a friend in Lawrence and I'm sure he might be interested in supporting.

Picked these two up from a friend's shop in the Jersey City neighborhood next to mine. Can't wait to get into the Southold (left; Layne, have you had?). Currently sipping on the Labyrinth and it's just an easygoing, fruity glass of mostly Sangiovese (and then Barbera, Primitivo, and Zin). Sangiovese isn't my go-to red grape any more than Cab, Merlot, or Pinot, but something about this spoke to me, and I am glad it did.
AEA3F7EB-F8F8-471D-8650-77E031F0B1FA.jpeg
Oh yeah that's one of the older Southold wines from their NY grapes. I believe I shared a bottle of this in early 2019, but I'd be lying if I said I remembered enough to pass along notes. I do feel like their NY wines were a little bolder and more tannic than the recent TX grapes... likely a function of the climate differences.

They also used the same Lagrein to make a sparkling wine, and I've had that a ton because it was all over restaurant menus for a year or so. Horseshoes & Hand Grenades if you run across it.