Wine

Goddamn this is delicious. Watermelon, strawberry, minerality and barnyard funk all in great balance. Juicy yet dry. I hate to use the term, but this is "gluggable" as hell. I need those tariffs off french imports so this bottle isnt $35 next time around :(

Also some fun facts about Axel’s process:
Because the forests are the natural habitat of wild boars, Axel collects human hair from the hairdressers in the local village and spreads it around the boundary of his vineyard. He says that the boar pick up the human scent from the hair and avoid the vineyard. The vineyard is a picture of health with spiderwebs everywhere and an amazing biodiversity on display.

205E08CC-3C33-4201-9959-37F0EC6108B1.jpeg

A cool 73F here so I grilled up some steaks and opened this Crowson bottle. 100% Zin from the Texas High Plains.

Typically I’m not drawn to wines this big, but this guy is doing some really fun stuff. Single grape wines, zero intervention, and natural fermentation in the Hill Country. We had an awesome tasting there a few weeks ago, and I loved the Mourvèdre.

B1216251-1603-4152-8DCF-B5BDBD7D2375.jpeg

A cool 73F here so I grilled up some steaks and opened this Crowson bottle. 100% Zin from the Texas High Plains.

Typically I’m not drawn to wines this big, but this guy is doing some really fun stuff. Single grape wines, zero intervention, and natural fermentation in the Hill Country. We had an awesome tasting there a few weeks ago, and I loved the Mourvèdre.

B1216251-1603-4152-8DCF-B5BDBD7D2375.jpeg
I can't say a specific reason but I'm quite intrigued by this Texas winery.

I can't say a specific reason but I'm quite intrigued by this Texas winery.
Shipping is generally too much IMO, but keep an eye out as they may reach your area. I think the only way to get bottles is online or stopping by the shop in Johnson City

I tried a ton of his stuff at Wild World so that’s how it got on my radar. I’ll be very interested to see how things progress as he starts growing his own grapes

Shipping is generally too much IMO, but keep an eye out as they may reach your area. I think the only way to get bottles is online or stopping by the shop in Johnson City

I tried a ton of his stuff at Wild World so that’s how it got on my radar. I’ll be very interested to see how things progress as he starts growing his own grapes
Yeah I'd imagine they don't make it to sunny FL haha

Interesting. Never heard of this one. First thing I thought was “they grow grape in Pt Reyes Station?” (Of course not...)

yep grapes come from other vineyards not too far. But he is a trained cooper or is it Cooperage and shaves down builds own barrels. He took over an old dairy in Pt Reyes and does all the magic there

Back