Wine

Stuck inside the last few days due to horrific air quality and school closure. Yelled at because too much beer in fridge. What about the Saison Bernice. Want that?
Nope. Okay.

So headed over to Broc Cellars to grab some wine. Fifteen minute drive thanks to end of the world conditions in Cali. Kid fell asleep in car and scooped some bottles and cans.

2019 Chenin Blanc is bright, refreshing, minimal bubbles.

EC3224B8-E4B7-4A78-8496-53FAA5C9B0A4.jpeg

I can’t handle oak-aged chards, especially those in new oak. Turns into a diacetyl butter bomb.

I did have one last weekend from Southold that they fermented in a concrete egg. Really bright, honey and lemon. Price point was kinda high but it quite refreshing

that wine is fucking awesome, i'm here for concrete chard.

76F3B30E-D7B5-40C2-99F0-69A8A2BE0CF7.jpeg

I felt this was appropriate given that It resembles the current California sun. Incredible wine. I believe it’s a blend of Granache blanc and Granache noir, though I could be mistaken. Notes of passion fruit, mango, white and red grape, and tons of lambic-like funk. Nose was concerning as it honestly smells like durian, but the taste is so incredible I can hardly put the glass down.

Related to my previous question, is it then more like you don’t like full malo, new oak chards? I asked because there are plenty of chards that fit the high acid, lemon, honey profile that a lot of the popular chenins (and the like) hit. Chardonnay has a weird reputation.
Have not put that much thought into it.

It's more I drink them....and think rather have something else.

76F3B30E-D7B5-40C2-99F0-69A8A2BE0CF7.jpeg

I felt this was appropriate given that It resembles the current California sun. Incredible wine. I believe it’s a blend of Granache blanc and Granache noir, though I could be mistaken. Notes of passion fruit, mango, white and red grape, and tons of lambic-like funk. Nose was concerning as it honestly smells like durian, but the taste is so incredible I can hardly put the glass down.

so jealous, recently only a few matassa bottles have made it out: ace of spades, olla blanc, olla rouge and another random.

Back