Casual Lambic Thread

2016 Bottle popped open after sitting in the fridge for a few days. Provenance is well documented and impressive.

Out the gate this was tart. First few sips, and I was a little let down. Thought a few years would tone down the apricot. Nope.

Thankfully better as it warmed up. Fou Foune is always a treat, but this vintage down in the bottom of my Cantillon rankings .

better as it warmed up. Fou Foune is always a treat, but this vintage down in the bottom of my Cantillon rankings

Would you say this is true for Fou' in general? Do you find you only really enjoy it fresh? I feel a lot of people get overly excited about Fou' Foune yet so many reviews read like this one. I personally am not a fan, in fact only Cantillon I would place under it is LPF

Would you say this is true for Fou' in general? Do you find you only really enjoy it fresh? I feel a lot of people get overly excited about Fou' Foune yet so many reviews read like this one. I personally am not a fan, in fact only Cantillon I would place under it is LPF

Maybe. I have not had it for some time since last night's bottle.

Viggy and St. Lam are by far my favorite of the UBERRARE LAMBIQUES

Fou has not been the best in the last 3-4 years imo. 2014 was a perfect marriage between heavy funk and juicy apricot, but ever since the funk part of the relationship has really not been present. I loved 2014 fresh, with 1 year, and with 4 years. These days I just drink em when I get em as the fruit is really the only thing going for it.

Fou has not been the best in the last 3-4 years imo. 2014 was a perfect marriage between heavy funk and juicy apricot, but ever since the funk part of the relationship has really not been present. I loved 2014 fresh, with 1 year, and with 4 years. These days I just drink em when I get em as the fruit is really the only thing going for it.
I can agree with this, I remember 2013 being pretty good too

Not bad at $20 a case
s0RGVN3.jpg

Agreed!

Another day of taking the kids fishing.

Tried to class myself up a bit by taking the lambic out of the bubblewrap this time.

kdS6yJz.jpg

I cant get over what these fillets look like. Im use to seeing the meat at the top, plain and pale. But these trout must have been feasting on a bunch of different stuff to color up this nicely.

u80l7XV.jpg

Last edited:
Another day of taking the kids fishing.

Tried to class myself up a bit by taking the lambic out of the bubblewrap this time.

kdS6yJz.jpg

I cant get over what these fillets look like. Im using to seeing the meat at the top, plain and pale. But these trout must have been feasting on a bunch of different stuff to color up this nicely.

u80l7XV.jpg

Shit why don’t you do this in talk proton. Poster of the decade.

Back