Casual Lambic Thread

Too bad the beer isn't
It's not that bad, just a weird geuze basically.
In a couple years I guess it'll be like actually good though.

Anecdote: I asked Jean Pierre what he thought of this zwanze. Respons was he just drinks geuze and lambic, Jean tries to get him to try other stuff but he's like nah I'll have a geuze. He didn't even know what this year's recipe/ingredient was.
Love that man

Just as I was about to leave Zwanze (45 minutes before the new beer was tapped...but it sounds like I did not miss out on a good one) , my old friend opens this magnum. OK, I'll have a quick drink. Second time, having something from Antidoot, enjoyed this one.

20240420_140933.jpg

My dumb take: it’s good, actually, that Zwanze was weird-bad instead of “nice” or “fine”.

All I ever want from Zwanze is something interesting to talk about with everybody else at the event, and if I’m only getting a few ounces ever then maybe it’s better to get something I wouldn’t ever need more of.

My last older Fou. Something is off. I can't place it but it has the aroma of two corks up my nose. Very little fruit.

The cognac Tilquin went first and perhaps trained my palate in a bad way for the Fou. I don't know. Not what I expected from a Loon but these things happen.

Not a drain pour by any means but disappointing nonetheless. I shall persevere.

Happy Sunday!

IMG_5120 2.jpg

This bottle looks like a not-so-casual disaster. Survived a basement flood a few years back, so I thought it would be hot garbage, in part due to the finicky 375 format and bullshit short corks. Nope, this is stellar. Dusty and basement must to the max...classic Armand-era funk reminiscent of my Belgian basement...brings me right back. Perfect carb and grapefruit pith brightness and bitterness. Just enough oxidation to add sherry-like complexity. Magic.

20240430_174429.jpg

Back