The "I Hate Beer" Thread

UglyRaggedBovine-size_restricted.gif

AmLam TANG AINT NUTHIN TO FUCK WITH

GIF made me think of another gem that probably has no business being ingested...

03C63EF2-E73C-4491-AE2E-F591F3FA2DCB.jpeg

I have a friend who has horrible heartburn problems. Like, he takes medication AND still has to cook most of his food out of this cookbook that substitutes like every ingredient imaginable for some super mild alternative. A few years ago we had a bottle share at my place and he got super hammered. Near the end of the evening somebody broke open a bottle of Punishment. We all had small tasters and were like, "k, that's a tick and now never again" but he poured an entire pint and SLAMMED it.

Around 3:30 am I got a text from his wife asking "WHAT DID YOU DOOOOOO?!". Things did not go well for him after he went home that evening.

I have a friend who has horrible heartburn problems. Like, he takes medication AND still has to cook most of his food out of this cookbook that substitutes like every ingredient imaginable for some super mild alternative. A few years ago we had a bottle share at my place and he got super hammered. Near the end of the evening somebody broke open a bottle of Punishment. We all had small tasters and were like, "k, that's a tick and now never again" but he poured an entire pint and SLAMMED it.

Around 3:30 am I got a text from his wife asking "WHAT DID YOU DOOOOOO?!". Things did not go well for him after he went home that evening.

My wife and I were at Stone and ordered a bottle of Crime. It took us about ninety minutes and a charcuterie board to get through it. Afterwards we went to the hotel and laid in the bed immobilized by burning. I was surprised getting it out wasn't a tramautizing experience

GIF made me think of another gem that probably has no business being ingested...

03C63EF2-E73C-4491-AE2E-F591F3FA2DCB.jpeg

The last time I had that beer was a super late night garage game of elimination flip cup in like 2012. If your team lost, they nominated a person to be cut, then had to go a person down the next round. For some inexplicable reason one guy brought a bunch of these and as a punishment for sucking we were having the person just eliminated chug 4oz of this beer, while someone from their team slapped their exposed belly with a pancake spatula.

I dont know how this all started.

That beer...wasn't that bad?

I remember being in Boulder for vacation about a decade ago and dragging my wife to Twisted Pine so I could have this beer.

I’ve lived in Colorado for three years and this is the first time I have ever thought about this brewery. Just checked and it’s still open, apparently.

I actually dusted off my Untappd checkin from 5 years ago and my notes were decent pepper flavor but DAMN it’s spicy. I still seem to remember not being able to finish the whole thing, which I can count on one hand the number of times that has happened so that probably had something to do with my assessment

The last time I had that beer was a super late night garage game of elimination flip cup in like 2012. If your team lost, they nominated a person to be cut, then had to go a person down the next round. For some inexplicable reason one guy brought a bunch of these and as a punishment for sucking we were having the person just eliminated chug 4oz of this beer, while someone from their team slapped their exposed belly with a pancake spatula.

I dont know how this all started.

I guess I’m a bit of a masochist so...

1034F7D3-5CF0-4CDF-A0EB-E6A46574AA57.gif

Some of you never had Ghost Scorpion. I have a weak constitution and Ghost Face Killah wasn’t nearly that bad/ damn near drinkable compared to Ghost Scorpion. And it had a decent flavor compared to Cave Creek Chili Beer.

So who is organizing the next DDT event that will include a death match involving Ghost Scorpion and pancake spatulas? On a positive note, that much heat and being violently whacked with a spatula probably kills COVID, so...

So who is organizing the next DDT event that will include a death match involving Ghost Scorpion and pancake spatulas? On a positive note, that much heat and being violently whacked with a spatula probably kills COVID, so...
Wasn’t Elevator Brewing up for sale? I don’t think they make it anymore.

Back