Random Music Thoughts / Opinions / Annoyances / Guilty Pleasures / Rants & Raves

Every generation has their Imagine Dragons. Probably some hurdy gurdy and sackbut group going round the Oliver Cromwell protectorate annoying folks.

When I was my kid’s age it was Paul McCartney. Pipes of Peace, Frog Chorus, Ebony & Ivory. Fucking awful and all massive hits in the UK. I didn’t listen to the Beatles until I was about 40 because of it.

When I was my kid’s age it was Paul McCartney. Pipes of Peace, Frog Chorus, Ebony & Ivory. Fucking awful and all massive hits in the UK. I didn’t listen to the Beatles until I was about 40 because of it.
They're dying in order of talent. Paul has a ways to go. Ringo is immortal.

(Actually I like George the best by far but then the joke doesn't work.)

My 6 year old is obsessed with Imagine Dragons

I dont get it

Great. Now his spotify (pretty locked down) account has pushed a notification that imagine dragons is playing a concert here in September and that's what he wants for his birthday.

angry better call saul GIF

Great. Now his spotify (pretty locked down) account has pushed a notification that imagine dragons is playing a concert here in September and that's what he wants for his birthday.

angry better call saul GIF
Yes Imagine Dragons sucks and I think I called you a bad parent (facetiously, I hope that was obvious), but honestly, wanting to go see a band perform live is a good thing for a kid.

Oh, no, I love the fact that they're developing their own tastes and always want to listen to music. It excites me that he wants to go see his favorite band play. Concerts are magical, especially for a developing brain.

I just wish it was better music.

This is totally my comeuppance for going deep in skate punk and hardcore as a kid and my parents hating my music too.

Oh, no, I love the fact that they're developing their own tastes and always want to listen to music. It excites me that he wants to go see his favorite band play. Concerts are magical, especially for a developing brain.

I just wish it was better music.

This is totally my comeuppance for going deep in skate punk and hardcore as a kid and my parents hating my music too.

I feel like enjoying shitty music that your parents hate is just part of being a kid.

Back