Random Music Thoughts / Opinions / Annoyances / Guilty Pleasures / Rants & Raves

Just felt like I should mention that Kurt Cobain died 30 years ago today
I was in LA, in a rented van with a church youth group on one of those conscience-soothing type help the needy trips. We were listening to KROQ and the DJ interrupted a music set to deliver the terrible news they had just received.

When finished, he went back to music and the next track in queue was Beck's 'Loser'. The DJ quickly stopped it, apologized saying that was just what was in the queue, and picked a different track. I don't remember what songs played before or after that, but that little gaffe is the main reason I remember where I was when I heard Kurt had been found dead.

Who of today's music do you think might become the classics of tomorrow?

I can see Imagine Dragons being the Journey of tomorrow.

My 6 year old is obsessed with Imagine Dragons

I dont get it

Same. Along with my 10 year old.

For them, it’s a result of liking Dude Perfect and other Trick Shot YouTubers.

They ask me to listen to the Dude Perfect channel in the car all the time, and I just take a deep breath and remember the awful stuff I listened to. Gotta let them find their own interests.

But man does that generic wall of indecipherable noise just cut through me. I much prefer having the two year old daughter listen to Disney Soundtracks (Frozen, Brave, Toy Story, etc)

Same. Along with my 10 year old.

For them, it’s a result of liking Dude Perfect and other Trick Shot YouTubers.

They ask me to listen to the Dude Perfect channel in the car all the time, and I just take a deep breath and remember the awful stuff I listened to. Gotta let them find their own interests.

But man does that generic wall of indecipherable noise just cut through me. I much prefer having the two year old daughter listen to Disney Soundtracks (Frozen, Brave, Toy Story, etc)

I can't find the original tweet and don't remember who posted it, but I remember a tweet that said "When I imagine dragons, I don't imagine them listening to Imagine Dragons." Wording may not be 100% correct, but however it was said, I laughed a lot.

While we're here:

GLJ5h_rXkAAFadX

Back