US - South North Carolina Particulars

How times have changed. I'd love to try the coffee and I'm always down for a bottle of regular. One of the first barrel aged stouts that blew my mind.

I always wanted to go for a release party, but now I see mixed reviews online.

The release party was great fun in the early-mid 2010s, apart from the absolutely god-awful sausage biscuits they'd serve for breakfast - how can you be in the southeast and make such a dry, flavorless biscuit and sausage patty I'll never know, especially when most of the food at their brewpub was great. I haven't been in years, but I've heard it's been less and less of an event over the past several iterations.

Salud Cerveceria in NoDa is a brewery/bottle shop all in one. I'd go there. While in NoDa, you can also check out the new Wooden Robot spot. Heist is also in NoDa, if you must. And NoDa Brewing, obviously...and like 3-4 other breweries not really worth mentioning.

It's a bit outside of town, but High Branch is doing some awesome things up in Concord.
Had a great time at the new Wooden Robot spot, Slud Cerveceria (good pizza tonight), and then walked a long fucking way to Resident Culture. Great times all around, thanks for the recs. Bringing some good stuff home. Hopefully they will survive the flight.

Had a great time at the new Wooden Robot spot, Slud Cerveceria (good pizza tonight), and then walked a long fucking way to Resident Culture. Great times all around, thanks for the recs. Bringing some good stuff home. Hopefully they will survive the flight.
damn that is a long walk. cheers!

How times have changed. I'd love to try the coffee and I'm always down for a bottle of regular. One of the first barrel aged stouts that blew my mind.

I always wanted to go for a release party, but now I see mixed reviews online.

im drinking the coffee version right now. I’ll make a mental note and grab you one if I see kore out on the shelves. It’s tasty (nothing crazy though)

Well hot damn, I had no idea Olde Meck started distroing to the Triangle. Have already gone through a couple 6ers of the Altbier...

Headed down to the Smokies (Sevierville) from Pittsburgh for Easter weekend and considering trying to talk to the fam into the additional 2 hrs involved with taking the through-Asheville route...

Mainly looking to grab some easy drinking stuff for the trip and some IPA for the friends we're meeting there. Definitely wanted to make a stop at Zillicoah to stock up on whatever lager/low abv releases are available. Have always wanted to make a stop at Zebulon, but since time will be tight, I'm wondering if there's just a great on-route bottle shop option to grab a variety of local stuff? Anyone ITT know of such a place along 26?

Headed down to the Smokies (Sevierville) from Pittsburgh for Easter weekend and considering trying to talk to the fam into the additional 2 hrs involved with taking the through-Asheville route...

Mainly looking to grab some easy drinking stuff for the trip and some IPA for the friends we're meeting there. Definitely wanted to make a stop at Zillicoah to stock up on whatever lager/low abv releases are available. Have always wanted to make a stop at Zebulon, but since time will be tight, I'm wondering if there's just a great on-route bottle shop option to grab a variety of local stuff? Anyone ITT know of such a place along 26?

Local 604 Bottle Shop has a great selection of local NC beer

Flying in and out of Charlotte 4/2-4/9. Plan to have the kids see UNC/Duke/Wake. Drink Sexual Chocolate at the source. The head to the coast and visit Charleston/Savannah. Suggestions are welcome. Wife and I are vaccinated.
giphy.gif

Flying in and out of Charlotte 4/2-4/9. Plan to have the kids see UNC/Duke/Wake. Drink Sexual Chocolate at the source. The head to the coast and visit Charleston/Savannah. Suggestions are welcome. Wife and I are vaccinated.
giphy.gif
The obvious suggestion is Asheville, but it sounds like you’re already gonna be doing a lot of driving. And it’s not exactly close to any of those places you’ve mentioned.

Also - hit me up if/when you have some time in Charlotte. Plenty of great breweries with outdoor spaces to choose from here where we could meet up safely.

The obvious suggestion is Asheville, but it sounds like you’re already gonna be doing a lot of driving. And it’s not exactly close to any of those places you’ve mentioned.
I have been and love Asheville. It's going the opposite way and the wife will be with us so I have to keep the driving to a minimum.

giphy.gif
While you’re at Wake go to Incendiary. They have some of the better lagers in the state and may have some of their BA stouts on draft.

I highly recommend you skip the shithole that is Duke and just go and drink at Beer study Durham instead. Pick up some cheap as growlers from Highwire nearby to take to the beach. I’m close to Durham but not really worth handing out with so I don’t highly recommend that.

Charleston recs are 100% Lewis BBQ for some brisket and then Westbrook/Edmunds Oast for beer. Beer scene is pretty shitty in Savannah but they get some crazy distro so check out the bottle shops there. If you need recs for those just ask as I have a buddy down there. The bourbon and food scene is better overall there though.

But his on-route trek doesn’t even touch NC most likely. Tough to help here
By on-route I just meant on the route if we shoot down to Asheville from Johnson City via 26 and then cut over to TN. Was mainly trying to get recs that aren’t too far off the beaten path so as to limit the duration of the Asheville detour.

Should be in Charlotte the night of 4/2. If you have a suggestion of a neighborhood to stay in, lmk.

No reason not to just stay in uptown. Definitely don’t want to be anywhere near the airport. Noda is the hip neighborhood and has a ton to do if you’re trying to get out and about. At least a half dozen breweries within walking distance of each other too.

No reason not to just stay in uptown. Definitely don’t want to be anywhere near the airport. Noda is the hip neighborhood and has a ton to do if you’re trying to get out and about. At least a half dozen breweries within walking distance of each other too.
Is it still heist for food, Salud for bottle shop/beers on site, and Old Meck for lagers/coronavirus?

I think you’re talking about BigFrank ‘s trip...that was a rec for Kraftster who will be heading through Asheville? If he’s hitting up Zillicoah then 604 isn’t that far from there. Or maybe I misunderstood the question.

I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about... lambicdregs take the wheel...
I guess my whole point in that was asking whether the 604 was worth the 2+ hour detour with the family.

If BigFrank isn’t touching NC while hitting dook, wake and UNC then I’m too fucked in the head to help.

Back