US - West Denver

I live in between DIA and downtown and picked up about eight inches of snow yesterday. I saw some pictures in Aurora yesterday where there was little to no snow. Depending on where you are staying or traveling in the area, it may not be an issue at all.
Got in safely today and upgraded the rental to a 4Runner 4x4. Feeling fairly good after a day of running around the area. My daily driver is a 2018 Tacoma so it wasn't a huge transition.

Now to debate the Sunday stock show for the hell of it. Thanks again!

Got in safely today and upgraded the rental to a 4Runner 4x4. Feeling fairly good after a day of running around the area. My daily driver is a 2018 Tacoma so it wasn't a huge transition.

Now to debate the Sunday stock show for the hell of it. Thanks again!
Stock Show absolutely rips. Get rodeo tickets and buy a hat. So much fun.

I think we're going to head to Colorado Springs on Sunday to check it out. Any thoughts on the breweries down there?
you should swing by Manitou Springs, if you have not done that yet. Cool little town with some good restaurants. Sorry can't help with breweries down in that area ( I am useless)

you should swing by Manitou Springs, if you have not done that yet. Cool little town with some good restaurants. Sorry can't help with breweries down in that area ( I am useless)
That does look cool and we'll definitely have to check it out at some point. But I'm not looking to go too crazy this weekend so will probably do a hike in Garden of the Gods and then just a brewery for lunch.

Didn't end up going to Colorado Springs the other day. Decided the hikes would all be muddy messes and just didn't feel like driving that far for it. We should be in Littleton this weekend though for my son's soccer tournament as long as it happens though. I guess we'll need lunch on Sunday if anyone has any suggestions.

Didn't end up going to Colorado Springs the other day. Decided the hikes would all be muddy messes and just didn't feel like driving that far for it. We should be in Littleton this weekend though for my son's soccer tournament as long as it happens though. I guess we'll need lunch on Sunday if anyone has any suggestions.
What park is your Son's game at? Littleton is pretty spread out so kind of what to point you in the right direction.

What park is your Son's game at? Littleton is pretty spread out so kind of what to point you in the right direction.
Cornerstone Park. We do have some time between his first game on Sunday and his possible second game. If they don't play well they won't even have that second game on Sunday anyway.

Palenque Cocina Y Agaveria in "downtown" Littleton is solid Mexican food.

Cornerstone Park. We do have some time between his first game on Sunday and his possible second game. If they don't play well they won't even have that second game on Sunday anyway.
Downtown Littleton has some options. The above Mexican place is a good choice.

Cafe Terracotta is good. Can be pricey, plus they close from 2-4pm everyday between lunch/dinner shift

Bacon Social House is good. - I have only been there for breakfast, but they have Lunch options as well. My kid eats a cheeseburger no matter what time we go there.

Grande Station was pretty good when we went there. There Beeakfast choices are impressive, but I have only been there for lunch

thome50 how was your trip?
Mostly a "work" trip in that I had to facilitate contractors and various trades to help clean out a distant family members condo in Aurora. Did make it to the Stock Show which was a pretty awesome time. Also went back to the Denver Art Museum for the first time in about 10 years. Lots of good collections to see. At at The Ponti for lunch there one of the days and was rather impressed. I'm not usually a fan of desert but my mother-in-law got a desert with a passion fruit reduction which was incredible. For a museum restaurant I was very impressed.

Downtown Littleton has some options. The above Mexican place is a good choice.

Cafe Terracotta is good. Can be pricey, plus they close from 2-4pm everyday between lunch/dinner shift

Bacon Social House is good. - I have only been there for breakfast, but they have Lunch options as well. My kid eats a cheeseburger no matter what time we go there.

Grande Station was pretty good when we went there. There Beeakfast choices are impressive, but I have only been there for lunch
Awesome thanks this will be super helpful!

So what's new over the last few years in the area? Going to be in Denver/boulder/CO springs in a few weeks with my oldest and it's been a few years since I've been. We already have horseback garden of gods ride and meow wolf tickets.

Also down for a beer if any of you heathens want to meet up.

So what's new over the last few years in the area? Going to be in Denver/boulder/CO springs in a few weeks with my oldest and it's been a few years since I've been. We already have horseback garden of gods ride and meow wolf tickets.

Apparently Cohesion is a new hot place for lagers. New to me because it wasn't open the last time we visited Denver.

When will you be in town? I may be able to meet up if I’m around.

Yeah, Cohesion is killing it with Czech lagers.

Westbound & Down opened a taproom downtown but they have a larger site in Lafayette in between Denver and Boulder.

If you find yourself on the west side of Denver, the Odell taproom at the lake is a great place to drink.

Burns Family is newish but one of the big places to go for high ABV/barreled stuff. It's close to Meow Wolf.

We're getting random drops of Hill Farmstead kegs this year. Congress Park Taproom seems to be one of the usual spots to get it.

Back