US - West Denver

Started a list of breweries I'd like to visit in 2023. Wondering if anyone else has any other ones I should think about?

Woods Boss Brewing
Burns Family Artisan Ales
Joyride Brewing Co
Cohesion Brewing
Hogshead Brewing - went the other day, really enjoyed the beers.
Avery Brewing
Westbound & Down Mill - Been to the one in Indian Springs, but really like their beer so want to check out this version.
Finkel & Garf
Station 26
Comrade Brewing Co

Started a list of breweries I'd like to visit in 2023. Wondering if anyone else has any other ones I should think about?

Woods Boss Brewing
Joyride Brewing Co
Cohesion Brewing
Avery Brewing
Westbound & Down Mill - Been to the one in Indian Springs, but really like their beer so want to check out this version.
Finkel & Garf
Station 26
Comrade Brewing Co
Cohesion and Wood Boss have been on my list for a while. I hear the taproom at Woods Boss is beautiful .

I have been to Avery a few times, Nice location with good food (BBQ), outdoor games and a nice bar upstairs
Station 26, I went to once. Its an old firehouse so its a pretty cool spot.

Have not been to the rest, I need to get out more, but I am lazy

Woods Boss Brewing
Joyride Brewing Co
Cohesion Brewing
Avery Brewing
Finkel & Garf
Station 26
Comrade Brewing Co
Out of all of these, the only one I haven’t been to is Woods Boss.

Cohesion is an absolute must. Same with Comrade.

So is Burns if you want some boozy, BA dark beers. I think it is 21 or over though.

Finkle and Garf is worth a trip if they have their BA stouts going. It’s also right around the corner from Avery.

Joyride is a summer place for us since the best part is their awesome roof top. Beers are just OK.

The one time I went to Westbound in Lafayette, the brewery felt like a sweat lodge from the pizza oven. The Springs location is much closer for me and we love the food so no real reason to go back.

Station 26 is good. I’ll stop if I’m picking up someone at the airport and their flight is delayed since it’s right off the highway.

Guessing you have hit all the other big ones but if you want to expand out, Wibby in Longmont is fantastic. Same with Elevation in Salida but that’s an overnight trip to probably my favorite mountain town though.

Woods Boss Brewing
Joyride Brewing Co
Cohesion Brewing
Avery Brewing
Finkel & Garf
Station 26
Comrade Brewing Co

I'm a Cerebral fan particularly for their lagers. Their adjunct stouts are good if that's your thing.

Bull & Bush is a fun place and their beers are solid. They usually have some good guest beers available, too.

Woods Boss is a great taproom but the beers are average IMO. They're like many breweries in town that make solid beer but it's a question of whether their particular beers tickle your fancy.

Yeah these are breweries I've never been to. Been to Cerebral a bunch and love it a ton. Will add Bull & Bush and Wibby though Longmont is pretty far for just a brewery. And, yeah, Burns Family is 21+ but at least none of the others are.

Yeah these are breweries I've never been to. Been to Cerebral a bunch and love it a ton. Will add Bull & Bush and Wibby though Longmont is pretty far for just a brewery. And, yeah, Burns Family is 21+ but at least none of the others are.
Last time I went to Wibby they had an Olympic size inflatable swimming pool set up that had kids in it. Sort of the opposite of Burns.

You could also do a hike in Lyons/Boulder area and then swing by Longmont.
I never really thought about Longmont being close to boulder, but that does sound like a good idea. It's a pretty common way for us to spend a day.
Last time I went to Wibby they had an Olympic size inflatable swimming pool set up that had kids in it. Sort of the opposite of Burns.
That's hilarious.

I never really thought about Longmont being close to boulder, but that does sound like a good idea. It's a pretty common way for us to spend a day.

That's hilarious.
Let me know if you are coming through Longmont. Wibby is close to me. Grossen Bart is also worth a stop. Also, Spirit hound in Lyons is making some fantastic whiskey, if that is your jam.

Let me know if you are coming through Longmont. Wibby is close to me. Grossen Bart is also worth a stop. Also, Spirit hound in Lyons is making some fantastic whiskey, if that is your jam.
Added Grossen Bart to the list, thanks! I'm almost always traveling with my family for places like this, but will definitely let you know. No real interest in whiskey but still good to know. My brother in law goes up there a decent bit and he'd probably be interested.

Woods Boss Brewing
Joyride Brewing Co
Cohesion Brewing
Avery Brewing
Finkel & Garf
Station 26
Comrade Brewing Co
For a couple off the beaten path I hit up Landlocked Ales when I'm down near them and closer to me I like the beers at Long Table Brewhouse.

For a couple off the beaten path I hit up Landlocked Ales when I'm down near them and closer to me I like the beers at Long Table Brewhouse.
Landlocked is sort of on my way home from my office but I’ve probably only been in there twice and that was right around when they opened. Ill have to stop in again.

Tentatively flying into Denver tomorrow (Wednesday, January 18th) morning. Flying with family who are freaking out about the 1-3" of snow predicted. Is it really that bad of a storm? To me that seems like a fairly minimal amount of snow for a city/area that's pretty used to it. Flying in direct so we wouldn't be worried about being stuck in an airport etc. Just curious the local's take on the subject.

Tentatively flying into Denver tomorrow (Wednesday, January 18th) morning. Flying with family who are freaking out about the 1-3" of snow predicted. Is it really that bad of a storm? To me that seems like a fairly minimal amount of snow for a city/area that's pretty used to it. Flying in direct so we wouldn't be worried about being stuck in an airport etc. Just curious the local's take on the subject.
I think the prediction is a foot. Maybe more in some places. West of the city we are looking 8-10 but I think this is going to worse out by the airport. Strongest January storm in 30 years per the news.

Driving to Taos on Thursday so I’m hoping it tracks north.

I think the prediction is a foot. Maybe more in some places. West of the city we are looking 8-10 but I think this is going to worse out by the airport. Strongest January storm in 30 years per the news.

Driving to Taos on Thursday so I’m hoping it tracks north.

Oof! That looks worse than anything I'd read before. Glad I asked. I'm definitely going to try and get the flight moved to Thursday morning. Much appreciated.

From past instances would the airport and main roads be clear 24 hours later?

Oof! That looks worse than anything I'd read before. Glad I asked. I'm definitely going to try and get the flight moved to Thursday morning. Much appreciated.

Just to be safe I ended up changing the flight to one coming in at 4:30pm on Thursday. Gives me a little more peace of mind.

A little late replying since you already changed your flights but I live in Denver and we ended up getting 4 inches. Wind was pretty strong most of the day yesterday but it seems like its just cold out this morning. Main roads get plowed so shouldn't b too bad since they'll get traveled over but Denver doesn't plow the side streets with a small storm like this.

Not sure of snow amounts in the surrounding areas in the chart TheBandit1 put up.

A little late replying since you already changed your flights but I live in Denver and we ended up getting 4 inches. Wind was pretty strong most of the day yesterday but it seems like its just cold out this morning. Main roads get plowed so shouldn't b too bad since they'll get traveled over but Denver doesn't plow the side streets with a small storm like this.

Not sure of snow amounts in the surrounding areas in the chart TheBandit1 put up.
Thanks! I'm glad I changed the flight regardless as the original one ended up being cancelled anyway. I would have been pretty pissed if I had to get up at 3am for that flight only to have it cancelled at the airport.

I'm going to be in Aurora and it sounds like it's mostly just cold as you'd mentioned and that the snow shouldn't be much of an issue. Flying out next Tuesday evening so hopefully the snow that is/was scheduled for this weekend won't be much of a thing. Thanks again for the help on this thread as it at least saved me 4 hours of sleep yesterday!

Thanks! I'm glad I changed the flight regardless as the original one ended up being cancelled anyway. I would have been pretty pissed if I had to get up at 3am for that flight only to have it cancelled at the airport.

I'm going to be in Aurora and it sounds like it's mostly just cold as you'd mentioned and that the snow shouldn't be much of an issue. Flying out next Tuesday evening so hopefully the snow that is/was scheduled for this weekend won't be much of a thing. Thanks again for the help on this thread as it at least saved me 4 hours of sleep yesterday!

I live in between DIA and downtown and picked up about eight inches of snow yesterday. I saw some pictures in Aurora yesterday where there was little to no snow. Depending on where you are staying or traveling in the area, it may not be an issue at all.

Back