Membership Renewal Season

I've got way too many memberships (and my wife is in a couple of them, so double memberships there) so need to work on culling them.
Renewed / Will Renew: Side Project, Perennial, De Garde, Phase Three
New: Private Press, Standard Meadery
Dropped / Probably Dropping: Barclay, Transient, 2nd Shift, Funk Factory

On the fence on FFG, but the other drops are fairly easy. I really like 2nd Shift / thought it would be a nice excuse to visit them more often while taking trips to STL, but we've cut way back on those trips courtesy of 2020.

Basically this. I dug up the 2018 post from one of the local guys when FedEx first went sideways for him. UPS seems to have followed suit at some point in 2019.
Wow is all I can say.

I very rarely ship beer (or anything) these days but have only had one problem in ~10 years. That time, the UPS lady asked what was in my box and I guess I sketchily said olive oil and BBQ sauce, and she gave me a side eye and immediately I knew she was gonna open it. She did and refused the shipment, so I just drove to FedEx.

The closest spots to me now are all staffed by college-aged kids who listen to mumble rap in the store and I'm pretty sure get high there, so no way they'd hassle about shipping beer.

Trimmed a few off the list this year and have thus far managed not to add any new ones

Renewed/Will Renew: Phase 3, Four Fires, Speciation, Afterthought
New: None thus far
Dropped: Perennial, Barclay, Transient

Trimmed a few off the list this year and have thus far managed not to add any new ones

Renewed/Will Renew: Phase 3, Four Fires, Speciation, Afterthought
New: None thus far
Dropped: Perennial, Barclay, Transient
Random question. Has Speciation done any more of the Great Lakes coolship things? Last one I recall was Superior (the first one)?

Also, keeping pFriem as it's the only one I'm in.

Random question. Has Speciation done any more of the Great Lakes coolship things? Last one I recall was Superior (the first one)?

Also, keeping pFriem as it's the only one I'm in.
Good question...I know they've done a few and I think they did some last year but I only drank 1 of them from my recollection.

Wow is all I can say.

I very rarely ship beer (or anything) these days but have only had one problem in ~10 years. That time, the UPS lady asked what was in my box and I guess I sketchily said olive oil and BBQ sauce, and she gave me a side eye and immediately I knew she was gonna open it. She did and refused the shipment, so I just drove to FedEx.

The closest spots to me now are all staffed by college-aged kids who listen to mumble rap in the store and I'm pretty sure get high there, so no way they'd hassle about shipping beer.
It’s tough to ship by me now too but I hardly do it anymore. Tried to ship a purse and some other small stuff to our niece last year and the woman at FedEx asked me questions about shipping and I literally had no idea what my wife bought. She accused me of shipping drugs and tore open the box.

I called the general manager and reported her. Been in a few times since and never saw her again.

I was not anywhere near as calm as I am letting on here.

It’s tough to ship by me now too but I hardly do it anymore. Tried to ship a purse and some other small stuff to our niece last year and the woman at FedEx asked me questions about shipping and I literally had no idea what my wife bought. She accused me of shipping drugs and tore open the box.

I called the general manager and reported her. Been in a few times since and never saw her again.

I was not anywhere near as calm as I am letting on here.
So what drugs were you actually shipping?

So people that are ditching Barclay after one year - what’s the deal?
For me it's just too much beer / too many beer memberships. Haven't even gotten around to opening all of the first DoT set, I've liked what I had but not more than other memberships / stocking up on Revolution releases.

I was slightly tempted renew when they switched from full price upfront to just $50, but the last thing I need is 15+ months from now is surprise bill+more beer.

I can't believe we have so few memberships around Colorado. I can't get into Casey. Crooked Stave can't seem to fill theirs which might be because it's all fruit beers which are more expensive and less delicious than Casey. If they went back to brewing interesting non-fruit sour and brett beers I'd be in for sure. We can join El Cat but I got burned with it once. I'm still trying to assemble enough people in one place to split this banana stout disaster.

I can't believe we have so few memberships around Colorado. I can't get into Casey. Crooked Stave can't seem to fill theirs which might be because it's all fruit beers which are more expensive and less delicious than Casey. If they went back to brewing interesting non-fruit sour and brett beers I'd be in for sure. We can join El Cat but I got burned with it once. I'm still trying to assemble enough people in one place to split this banana stout disaster.

Well there’s always Black Project. LOL

Casey opens up to the public again on Monday.

Back