BIKES!!!!!

Tour de France kicks off tomorrow !!!

I was bummed to read earlier in the week that Cavendish won't be participating. But, I'm guessing Sagan will take a few stages with similar crazy sprints at the last second.

As far as the overall winner, it would be nice to see a Frenchman win for the first time in a long time. They don't have to deal with Froome. Personally, I'm happy to not have him in the tour this year. I was growing tired of him winning the past few years in a row.
Thibaut Pinot would be my choice.

Regardless, I'm sure it will be fun to watch the TdF as it always is. Allez allez !!!!!

Tour de France kicks off tomorrow !!!

I was bummed to read earlier in the week that Cavendish won't be participating. But, I'm guessing Sagan will take a few stages with similar crazy sprints at the last second.

As far as the overall winner, it would be nice to see a Frenchman win for the first time in a long time. They don't have to deal with Froome. Personally, I'm happy to not have him in the tour this year. I was growing tired of him winning the past few years in a row.
Thibaut Pinot would be my choice.

Regardless, I'm sure it will be fun to watch the TdF as it always is. Allez allez !!!!!
Fuck Froome!:)

In Brussels for the start. Most wide open tour in years, so a French rider could sneak into top 3, but I doubt one wins.

I rode the last two winters on a 29er mountain bike with studded tires. They work great on ice and packed snow. Fresh snow can be tricky depending on depth. I went out during heavy snowstorms last winter and it was like riding in sand. I know people ride various types of road bikes in the winter with studded tires and it seems to work for them.

Definitely looking at fat bikes for next year.
Yeah I think I'm just trying to justify getting a fat bike :p

On January 1 of this year I weighed 270 lbs and had enough. After riding one of these beasts at work for up to 10 miles a day I'm down 70 lbs.

120 lbs of 36-20 singlespeed fixie steel, pedalling my ass off. I'm on vacation this week so I decided to dust off the rigs I had the last time I biked frequently, which was 2007.

Titus Switchblade. I just got this built up when my youngest was born. I've never had it off road since, just collecting dust.

Spare Parts Singlespeed. I built this one day in '07 because I was bored and was tired of looking at all the spare parts I had laying around. Should be fun cruising around on this.

I'm sure these are dinosaurs compared to today's bikes. But that's ok, they still work and they'll help me make my goals a reality.

Got a local Trek store and ironically it’s ran by a guy I used to work with back in HS/college.

I wanna get back to riding. More so since literally less than 1:5 mile from my drive way, my city is building a 12/14 mile off road track. Nothing wild, and I can use the paved path for 7-8 miles for now next to it.

Looking at a deal on a marlin or xcaliber hard tail.

Anyone got some advice?

Kind of leaning towards the marlin 7, and maybe adding some stuff down the road. My neighbor rides ALOT and has some like 6-7k bike and loves hard tails tho. Says i would like especially for the poverty tier price.

Got a local Trek store and ironically it’s ran by a guy I used to work with back in HS/college.

I wanna get back to riding. More so since literally less than 1:5 mile from my drive way, my city is building a 12/14 mile off road track. Nothing wild, and I can use the paved path for 7-8 miles for now next to it.

Anyone got some advice?

Kind of leaning towards the marlin 7, and maybe adding some stuff down the road. My neighbor rides ALOT and has some like 6-7k bike and loves hard tails tho. Says i would like especially for the poverty tier price.

Go with Marin. Even though the frames originate from same or similar factory overseas, Marin has a storied history and pedigree. Also looks at the build kit accompanying either and ask your buddy what he would recommend.

Go with Marin. Even though the frames originate from same or similar factory overseas, Marin has a storied history and pedigree. Also looks at the build kit accompanying either and ask your buddy what he would recommend.

are you confusing Marin with the Marlin line from Trek?

Im confined to Trek bike brands if I want a deal.

Roscoe, Marlin, Xcaliber seem to be in line for my meager budget

Anyone got some advice?

Stop messing around and just buy this one.

https://www.pivotcycles.com/en/switchblade-29

You’re a dick ricky. I didn’t even add options and I’m like 5k over budget for a frame

Bring the bike next trip and we cans throw it in the truck and ride somewhere drunk as fuck in town.

I’m also fat as fuck remember. So need the heavy tubes.
I brought my bike as a left over sale. Price drop of almost 1K. Also remember besides being fat, you ain’t young anymore either. Half the options you are looking at are probably over kill.

Honestly, shoot me a text and I’ll give you some advice if you want.

I brought my bike as a left over sale. Price drop of almost 1K. Also remember besides being fat, you ain’t young anymore either. Half the options you are looking at are probably over kill.

Honestly, shoot me a text and I’ll give you some advice if you want.

You called me old. We are done. Dead to me.

Ill hit ya up, and get info cause your my bike homie. I want one bad and got limited options.

Anyone got some advice?

I love hard tails and would definitely recommend that versus full suspension for 7-8 mike paved trails and 12-14 light off road trails.

I’m not familiar with those trek bikes but I have a 29er hard tail and love it (Specialized Rock Hopper Comp).

29 is the tire diameter.

If you can post what front suspension forks and gears/shifters those trek bikes have that would be more helpful. You can find a great deal with a good frame but excellent forks/gears which is more important than the model name.

Just looking at the Trek site and the Stach and x-caliber have some intriguing hard tail models.

So much will depend on how the bike is outfitted.

See if you can find a 2019 with a really good front fork, 29” tires, and a nice gear set for ~$1k + whatever discount your buddy will give you. That bike will do more than you ever need.

Back