Wine

More L’Octavin. A second go around on Charmay, a blend of Chardonnay and Gamay. I believe the chard is from Alice’s vineyards, and the gamay is not, I think. Either way this is a great wine. Sharp acidity, juicy red berries, oily texture that coats the mouth, and great minerality that cuts down the sweetness of the gamay. A hit at my parents dinner party, as expected.

C204DB76-FB54-4C98-BBC6-34BBABB30D3B.jpeg

Les Cigales Dan’s la Fourmiliere - Maree Basse. This is a blend of Grenache Blanc, Grenache Noir, Chardonnay, and Muscat. Super good field blend. Everything is blended together well and it’s held up over the course of two days of air contact.

843CA187-2643-4B53-B088-713DA6B9CF2D.jpeg

So I am going to start dipping my toe into this world as well now that I found a local wine shop that specializes in natural wine... This habit can get expensive can't it????

Non serious answer: only if you have taste

Serious answer: its no more expensive than having a problem with buying lambic and other sought after beers. Theres a wide array of amazing wine out there thats pretty easy to nab if you know what to look for, so you can easily spend within your means on bottles that'll be worth your time if you put in some forethought.

Or just dive head first into the world of instagram wines and forget you have bills to pay, whatever floats your boat.

Non serious answer: only if you have taste

Serious answer: its no more expensive than having a problem with buying lambic and other sought after beers. Theres a wide array of amazing wine out there thats pretty easy to nab if you know what to look for, so you can easily spend within your means on bottles that'll be worth your time if you put in some forethought.

Or just dive head first into the world of instagram wines and forget you have bills to pay, whatever floats your boat.
Expensive more so because of the fact that I will be drinking these with my wife, hence more often that my personal beer collection.

Happy to see that I can get plenty of good stuff in the $20 - $30 range so far.

Will have to post some of my "finds" to get some feedback...