Wine

C63CAA1F-23D5-40B9-8C18-D55E860A8B8F.jpeg

Matassa - Ace of Spades Les Myrs

Blend of Mouvedre and Carignan. Mineral driven with tons of “horse blanket” notes up front, with a strong cherry cola and chocolate raspberry back. Slightly effervescent, though I expect that to blow off in a few hours. Good tanin structure that has me somewhat confident this won’t get too mousey over night - finishing this in one go would be a nasty hangover. Delicious stuff though. Tom Lubbe so rarely doesn’t hit his mark.

Last edited:
Oh man, I love the regular Chenin... this one has to be fucking fire. Investigating first thing tomorrow [as it's not popping up on our portal].

Echeverría makes a damn fine cab for $12ish (this coming from someone who does not gravitate toward that grape). What shop? I have a friend in Lawrence and I'm sure he might be interested in supporting.

Picked these two up from a friend's shop in the Jersey City neighborhood next to mine. Can't wait to get into the Southold (left; Layne, have you had?). Currently sipping on the Labyrinth and it's just an easygoing, fruity glass of mostly Sangiovese (and then Barbera, Primitivo, and Zin). Sangiovese isn't my go-to red grape any more than Cab, Merlot, or Pinot, but something about this spoke to me, and I am glad it did.
AEA3F7EB-F8F8-471D-8650-77E031F0B1FA.jpeg
These guys: Pedestrian Cheese
They’re good people. Dave, half the owner, is the one responsible for getting me into craft beer years ago.

This is one gigantic bouquet of flowers and I love it. Need moar.

Layne

E855BFD0-19D2-40A3-B948-144C2440CD5B.jpeg

The other day:
61D408DA-D9E6-4755-BA5F-9880236FBB06.jpeg
People, please. If you're not drinking Austrian wines, you're not living. This was stellar. Like lambic? Like saison? Find this. Drink this.

There's also a special place for Cab, and for me, that special place comes from South Africa, France, Chile, and anything not West Coast (a couple exceptions of course). This Black owned-and-grown wine comes from the Western Cape. It's fruity but not in the same way as the CA stuff, approachable, and finishes with a hint of herbs.

57EF3887-37DC-4C5F-B955-9CA004CC3501.jpeg

Clearly, I've been busy this week. Hehe

Last edited:
This is one gigantic bouquet of flowers and I love it. Need moar.

Layne

E855BFD0-19D2-40A3-B948-144C2440CD5B.jpeg

The other day:
61D408DA-D9E6-4755-BA5F-9880236FBB06.jpeg
People, please. If you're not drinking Austrian wines, you're not living. This was stellar. Like lambic? Like saison? Find this. Drink this.

There's also a special place for Cab, and for me, that special place comes from South Africa, France, Chile, and anything not West Coast (a couple exceptions of course). This Black owned-and-grown wine comes from the Western Cape. It's fruity but not in the same way as the CA stuff, approachable, and finishes with a hint of herbs.

57EF3887-37DC-4C5F-B955-9CA004CC3501.jpeg

Clearly, I've been busy this week. Hehe
Whew, no idea where’d I’d find that old southold. But I did grab their new skin contact Albariño that I’m very interested in. Happy to reach out if I see it tho

Stabby - I got an email from Southold about this minipack of their new 2019 wines. Anyways, when I browsed their selection, I saw they still have the wine you mentioned above. I know shipping booze isn't the cheapest thing, but possibly get Nathan or others to go in on some bottles?

Stabby - I got an email from Southold about this minipack of their new 2019 wines. Anyways, when I browsed their selection, I saw they still have the wine you mentioned above. I know shipping booze isn't the cheapest thing, but possibly get Nathan or others to go in on some bottles?

It looks like the Lagrein is actually available here by the case (as is the Teroldego), and I think I may inquire about it next week. So this all said, maybe we should be sending to you!

But oh, how nice are those little bottles?!

fuck i also owe nathan so much shit

It looks like the Lagrein is actually available here by the case (as is the Teroldego), and I think I may inquire about it next week. So this all said, maybe we should be sending to you!

But oh, how nice are those little bottles?!

fuck i also owe nathan so much shit
I picked up a bunch of the new Bichi stuff tonight at Sunrise and they had that SH lagrein for $17. I should prob go back and get it

Woah. Just messaged my wine guy in town about this. Sounds amazing.

Nice! I hope you are able to get it. They have a St. Laurent in Natura too, which is also delicious. They have both been tough to get recently (a small amount of the St. Laurent was around last week; here it is distributed by Coeur / T Elenteny) but maybe your guy can figure out something. I don't have any more of the Pet, but I do have some of the other if you are interested.

Their regular St. Laurent is also really tasty. Red and dark berries but also a hint of smoke.

2D296BC9-A2F4-4B90-9376-A6E669EA897E.jpeg

Domaine de L’Octavin - La Molette.

100% molette grape from the savoie and vinified in Jura by Alice Bouvot. This is a super interesting wine. Really weird nose that I can’t quite pin down. At first it smelled a little bit like nail polish but that quickly blew away, and now I’m not sure how to describe it. The flavor profile is amazing. Candied white grape that tastes almost like jolly rancher. A little sweet but mostly very acidic. Not bone dry but on the drier end of the spectrum. Octavin wines continue to impress me.