Whisk(e)y

Generous friend! Some nice shit in there... it’s always a personal preference. Nothing wrong with liking what you like!
[/QUOTE]

Yes he is! I think he was somewhat looking for an excuse to open 3 or 4 that were previously unopened but I was happy to help 😃

my bottle of bulleit rye is close to running out and obviously need to be replacing it soon. i can always grab a bottle of one of the easily accessible brands but thought i'd check out some unfamiliar names. i've my eye on a double oak from Sagamore Spirit, but also something from Kindred, a single barrel, Lot 40 Canadian rye, and Pinhook. any experience with these?

rabbit hole; rossville? scrolling through a local-ish shop's facebook, there's a ton of rye.

my bottle of bulleit rye is close to running out and obviously need to be replacing it soon. i can always grab a bottle of one of the easily accessible brands but thought i'd check out some unfamiliar names. i've my eye on a double oak from Sagamore Spirit, but also something from Kindred, a single barrel, Lot 40 Canadian rye, and Pinhook. any experience with these?

rabbit hole; rossville? scrolling through a local-ish shop's facebook, there's a ton of rye.
I remember liking Lot 40 but I don't remember much about it. Another Canadian rye I liked was Alberta. That one was in the sweet side though.

Pikesville rye remains one of my top suggestions if you can find it

Damn, they’re going all in:

I know I’ve had at least an ounce of either the Longman or Eagle bottlings and I just can’t fathom paying these prices unless you just want to help float the restaurant. And that’s fine! It’s just not for me.

Both of these went to recycling this AM. OGD 114 is a often on my shelf, I love that it is still under $30 out the door at my local. It is a fantastic high proof bourbon.
And 4 Roses Small Batch was pretty tasty, I actually preferred it to certain store barrel picks I've had from them. Overall though, I would be quicker to get OGD 114 again.

20200730_080525.jpg

Damn, they’re going all in:

I know I’ve had at least an ounce of either the Longman or Eagle bottlings and I just can’t fathom paying these prices unless you just want to help float the restaurant. And that’s fine! It’s just not for me.
Secondary prices are better

Cracked this last night. Pricey, even at MSRP but this is fantastic. As close to hazmat as I’ve ever come but this certainly taste as hot as it should. Great nose, nice oily/creamy mouthfeel, and a soft lingering finish. Without getting too into it I pick up lots of cherry, wet oak, with hints of baking spice.

5870D2B8-BDD4-4EA0-BD49-99FA7BA16F5D.jpeg