What are you cooking???

Yeah I’ve used https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/collections/fresh-hatch-green-chile for years. Better deal if you pre-order but always quality. And the frozen roasted options are clutch in off season when I’ve ran out.

They seem about as flavorful as prior but I do think the heat is more dominant than usual which makes them not quite as tasty overall imo.

Agree, the heat takes away from the awesome flavor of the hatch

I stand corrected, five strong weeks of hatch goodness. Got another three lbs

IMG_20190914_171828792_HDR.jpg

Also, wtf is wrong with casseroles boogercrack

I consider Texas Midwest

Plus texmex sucks

Also may or may not be really buzzed

Roast lamb:
A36853F3-C2C4-455D-A26B-2413B1042B06.jpeg
Meant to post an ”after” pic including the rösti (potato pancakes), pan juice gravy, mint sauce, beans and salad but I got drunk on Pannepot Grand Reserva and local IPA while cooking so fuck it. Here’s a pic of the cocktail I made afterwards instead:
720FDF2C-043A-471E-B075-8204DB17FE0E.jpeg
3/5 gin, 2/5 limoncello, top up with tonic over ice, roast a thyme sprig in the oven for 20 seconds, and boom! a very aromatic variation on gin & tonic.

LOVE shrimp and Grits.

It turned out quite excellent. found a Prudhomme recipe for a tasso rub, then pretty much followed this

Currently have red beans underway

How did you cook those beans? Grill or oven? They look amazing

Oven. Literally just a drizzle of olive oil with salt and pepper, 400 for about 15 minutes. The restaurant I worked at in college would pan fry them, but my lovely wife and I try to be a bit more healthy.

What kind of sorcery is this?

Lol, just mashed up some red potatoes and threw SmartFood White Cheddar popcorn in it. You add the popcorn just before plating. The texture is a touch goofy for some (though it's better if you add a bunch of white cheddar cheese to the potatoes, but as above, trying to be not so fatty fatty bom bom).

But honestly, they kick fucking ass reheated the next day. The popcorn kind of melds right into the potato and you still get the flavor and just a touch of the texture.

I'm waiting on a co-worker to come back to a meeting, so I guess I'll post up some more food. I like this thread and cook a lot, though not as well or intricately as some of y'all. gotdam!

Cornbread pancakes with crockpot BBQ pulled pork, topped with chipotle maple syrup and fresh jalapenos.

IMG_0022.JPG

Shrimp, scallop and mahi pineapple ceviche.

IMG_0036.JPG

Pretzel crusted pan fried chicken with 3-cheese broccoli and a horseradish dijon cream sauce and Sriracha.

IMG_0560.jpg

Benedicts Oscar with Alaskan King Crab and grilled asparagus.

IMG_0643 (002).jpg

Seared black and white sesame crusted tuna on jasmine rice with wilted spinach, seaweed salad, Thai chili butter and wasabi aioli.

IMG_0856 (002).jpg

Shelby-pup and Sashi-saurus with a side of basketgrass weeds. Not for consumption.

IMG_0699.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1
Borrowed this “recipe” after I had it at June’s in Austin and they charged $30. FWIW, I think chicken breasts are garbage, but butterfly and pound them and they improve.

Sautéed the chicken and then basted in butter with garlic and rosemary. The salad is just arugula, golden tomatoes, parm, and a lemon vinaigrette. It’s cheap as hell, easy, and always good.

Paired with a natural Spanish Verdejo.

DFC90674-95E2-4E42-83CF-5CC3DEDB82BE.jpeg

272C84DD-7212-4407-A3A7-0C80BE498AAC.jpeg

Back