What are you cooking???

PXL_20221022_004828542.jpg
Rancho Gordo black beans, jasmine rice, seared paneer, sauteed red onion and pimento peppers, avocado, green onion, radish, cilantro, our salsa verde.

I now know what I'll be making with black beans.
When you boil your beans do you cut up the celery/carrot into small pieces? If so how do you remove them? I'm tempted to just cut them into larger pieces so I can fish out the veggies from the stock easier.

I now know what I'll be making with black beans.
When you boil your beans do you cut up the celery/carrot into small pieces? If so how do you remove them? I'm tempted to just cut them into larger pieces so I can fish out the veggies from the stock easier.
We actually just used half of a yellow onion, no carrot or celery. Definitely always go with larger pieces when cooking beans for easy removal in our household.

CED2400B-DDB6-403F-8CD3-11B49768CE47.jpeg
Made caramelized white chocolate magic shell yesterday that is going into a batch of ice cream today (if you are familiar with the Jeni’s banana with white chocolate shell bits, I am making that but pawpaw). It smells heavenly. Only need half the batch for the ice cream and the rest will be used to shell ice cream or just chipped out and paired with coffee.

One of the farms had puntarelle and of course I had to try it. It's actually part of a plant - the inside stalks of Catalonian chicory.4E27DFF9-4E07-4D36-9AD3-C5346A730F7C.jpeg

From what I read in both English and (my "limited but can definitely get by") Italian, it's most commonly prepared as a salad tossed with a heavy anchovy-garlic dressing, so that's what I did. Good stuff. This was the smallest head, and it still made way too much, but glad I got some.
69A0D747-2DF0-48F1-A90A-F0A44B6E35C6.jpeg

Back