What are you cooking???

I can't cook for shit, and therefore don't cook at all. However, my wife whips up some awesome vegetarian meals for us (I'm vegetarian, she's not, but we eat vegetarian at home). Will have to remember to post some of her creations in here.

Enjoy the pizza!

Picked up a yellowfin steak, sous vide at 110* for and hour and a half with thin sliced lemon and couple pats of butter. Whipped up a cilantro cream dressing, avocado, roasted corn, cherry tomatoes, olives. It was pretty great
IjIqRnKr.jpg

What are some of your favorite ways to work acid into a steak and potatoes plate? I am not big on pan sauces, as I like my steak pretty simple: s&p, maybe some ghee.

Have a beautiful ribeye lined up tonight with some duck fat potatoes as well. Probably will do asparagus with some lemon or just look to the Arthur I plan to open to do the trick. Curious what else ya got, though.

What are some of your favorite ways to work acid into a steak and potatoes plate? I am not big on pan sauces, as I like my steak pretty simple: s&p, maybe some ghee.

Have a beautiful ribeye lined up tonight with some duck fat potatoes as well. Probably will do asparagus with some lemon or just look to the Arthur I plan to open to do the trick. Curious what else ya got, though.
Not that I’d want to steer you away from duck fat potatoes, but a vinegary potato salad is always a nice counterpoint to fatty meats for me. Asparagus with lemon zest and Parmesan. A chimichurri for the steak if you feel like venturing into the sauce world.

acidic beverage pairing is how I tend to go (wine, mead, if you want to go non-alcoholic you can do some shrub and seltzer)

ySjNbou.jpg

The cap on this guy was big and divine.

Yt3Rh5m.jpg

Back