Vinyl and Beer

What are your thoughts on this record? I think Aes did great work on it, but I don't dig Tobacco's sound. Overall I'd say I like it in spite of Tobacco.

Funny, cause I think they worked really well together and I liked it a lot more than I was expecting to. I ended up spinning it twice in a row and really loving it. Do you like Black Moth Super Rainbow at all? His style is definitely an acquired taste and/or potentially polarizing so not surprised to hear it. But I was pleasantly surprised by this.

Funny, cause I think they worked really well together and I liked it a lot more than I was expecting to. I ended up spinning it twice in a row and really loving it. Do you like Black Moth Super Rainbow at all? His style is definitely an acquired taste and/or potentially polarizing so not surprised to hear it. But I was pleasantly surprised by this.
Never heard Black Moth Super Rainbow. When I first spun Malibu Ken, I was very unsure, a little disappointed even. I really liked Tuesday so that got me to listen to the album again when I few more things clicked into place. The more I listened the more I liked it. There's some great work on the album, still not sure I dig the Tobacco sound, though.

Never heard Black Moth Super Rainbow. When I first spun Malibu Ken, I was very unsure, a little disappointed even. I really liked Tuesday so that got me to listen to the album again when I few more things clicked into place. The more I listened the more I liked it. There's some great work on the album, still not sure I dig the Tobacco sound, though.

yeah I think if you don’t know what he’s all about going into it, I can see that reaction. He’s obviously not a standard hip hop producer. I could start yammering about why BMSR are so unique and why that makes this project equally unique, but I’ll spare the thread. Basically BMSR were a really progressive eye opening act for me back in the day when I was in Pittsburgh and so I was anticipating that piece of the dynamic. Just didn't think it would work. For me, it did.

Back