Vinyl and Beer

Never used RYM, but I thoroughly enjoy discogs. I like that you can create your own folders. That’s how I organize by genre for when I have a specific listening itch. I sometimes even use discogs’ “randomizer” to help me pick something to listen to.
whoa. you have opened my eyes.. I never knew that feature existed.

Nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Moved my turntable from where it was hiding, plugged it in to the original receiver, hooked that up to spare speakers I had in a box and it sounds way better than it was before. There's still work to be done but it's not a lost cause!

A3F4CD41-2D5A-42EA-AD7D-C3DBCABBE448.jpeg

Nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Moved my turntable from where it was hiding, plugged it in to the original receiver, hooked that up to spare speakers I had in a box and it sounds way better than it was before. There's still work to be done but it's not a lost cause!

A3F4CD41-2D5A-42EA-AD7D-C3DBCABBE448.jpeg
I might have spoken too soon. The lever that lifts the arm broke and it's now permanently up. Not sure if this is the end or not.

OceanOfMead

Staff member
I might have spoken too soon. The lever that lifts the arm broke and it's now permanently up. Not sure if this is the end or not.
I know a guy in the area that deals in hilariously high end turn tables if you need an upgrade.

Nathan

Administrator
Staff member
I know a guy in the area that deals in hilariously high end turn tables if you need an upgrade.
I mean how hilariously high end are we talking? I don't want to drop TOO much money but yes, it appears it's time to move on. Nothing lasts forever. The internet leads me to believe my grandparents bought this around 1971, which means it lasted nearly 50 years. That's pretty rad, but perhaps it's time to say goodbye.

OceanOfMead

Staff member
I mean how hilariously high end are we talking? I don't want to drop TOO much money but yes, it appears it's time to move on. Nothing lasts forever. The internet leads me to believe my grandparents bought this around 1971, which means it lasted nearly 50 years. That's pretty rad, but perhaps it's time to say goodbye.
I think Audio Den has officially moved but they had a year end/moving sale and I was like “ooh maybe I can grab a floor model of a high end turn table” thinking it was going to be in the $200-$400 range, and they had one on sale for a grand. I was warned that a lot of their customer base is people outfitting AV in second + homes in the Hamptons.

Nathan

Administrator
Staff member
I think Audio Den has officially moved but they had a year end/moving sale and I was like “ooh maybe I can grab a floor model of a high end turn table” thinking it was going to be in the $200-$400 range, and they had one on sale for a grand. I was warned that a lot of their customer base is people outfitting AV in second + homes in the Hamptons.
A grand is a just slightly above my price range.

fuck yeah, Dax Riggs.Very underrated band..

Still google him once in a while to see if he’s up to anything. Dude seems to have vanished off of the face of the earth though.
I do the same. I pretty much love everything he's done, but this album is my favorite. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that a vinyl pressing exists.