Vinyl and Beer

Also this a great blog that talks about lost albums and tries to create them with material from various sources: http://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/

It's a great rabbit hole to go down and will kill a couple of hours depending on your interest in the musicians involved.

That blog's "guess" at Homegrown track list vs actual. Do they remove it then once released?

Blog
Homegrown
Little Wing

The Old Homestead
Love is a Rose
Love Art Blues
Star of Bethlehem
Give Me Strength
Deep Forbidden Lake
Pardon My Heart
White Line

Actual
Separate Ways
Try
Mexico
Love Is A Rose
Homegrown

Florida
Kansas
We Don’t Smoke It No More
White Line
Vacancy
Little Wing
Star of Bethlehem

That blog's "guess" at Homegrown track list vs actual. Do they remove it then once released?

Blog
Homegrown
Little Wing

The Old Homestead
Love is a Rose
Love Art Blues
Star of Bethlehem
Give Me Strength
Deep Forbidden Lake
Pardon My Heart
White Line

Actual
Separate Ways
Try
Mexico
Love Is A Rose
Homegrown

Florida
Kansas
We Don’t Smoke It No More
White Line
Vacancy
Little Wing
Star of Bethlehem

I don't know, we'll see. Interesting to see the comparison. I also wonder if some songs were re-named.

Picked this up record by Gregory Alan Isakov after hearing one of his songs in the movie Peanut Butter Falcon. Then I read how he actually owns and operates a produce farm and this is his side gig (I guess). Unfortunately, not really my jam. Most of the record has really heavy handed production. I was hoping for something a little more raw and bluegrassy. You win some, you lose some.

06020CE3-838D-43DB-8142-E920C7518063.jpeg

I’ve got this set aside with a few others to pick up tomorrow. I’m excited.

edit: unless I’m an idiot and this is not what I’m thinking it is. 50/50 shot at best based on the lack of info on the cover in combination with my memory of the album I’m thinking of.

Last edited:
I’ve got this set aside with a few others to pick up tomorrow. I’m excited.

edit: unless I’m an idiot and this is not what I’m thinking it is. 50/50 shot at best based on the lack of info on the cover in combination with my memory of the album I’m thinking of.
Yes this is Swans “My Father...”. I still go with this is a good intro if you’ve never heard em. More approachable and definitely less dark than The Seer. IMO, that’s the heaviest album I’ve ever heard.

I grabbed this and “To Be Kind”. This education is long overdue.
Have I ever said how much I love this thread?
ucking love this thread.

TBK is definitely a bit “lighter”

Might as well make the plunge and get The Seer, Glowing Man, and then Soundtracks for the Blind 😉

I really need to get around to getting Swans on vinyl. This'll do for now though. Beer is from 2015, probably peaked a couple years ago, but....science and all. I could really get behind barleywine getting sold in 8 oz packages like this.

20200522_214748.jpg

The first track on that shit always gets me pumped. Then the rest slowly fades with the exception of a handful of side B tunes. Still love it though...

Don't trip the Plethysmograph.

Back