Video Games

Well, shit man. Maybe i'll have to go straight then. That sucks.
I do not trust myself with much technology. I was still on a flip phone and writing down MapQuest directions on index cards as late as 2012.
!

these are ready to rock you don’t have to do anything

Nintendo Is Likely to Suffer Global Switch Shortages From Virus

PSA if you were going to pick up a Switch soon maybe accelerate those plans. Because of a combination of Animal Crossing coming out in a few weeks (fuck yeah) and the Coronavirus creating supply chain issues, Nintendo's supply of Switch units might go dry as early as April.

Pick that shit up ASAP if you want to cut down trees and find fossils in Animal Crossing next month.

I want that AC Switch... but I really should not buy it
Yeah... my finger has hovered over a preorder button a few times. It's a very pretty console. I wish they would release the Joycon separately.

I'm going to play the shit out of some Animal Crossing. I don't usually buy digitally but I'm going to be playing this thing daily for the near future so I already preordered/preloaded.

I want that AC Switch... but I really should not buy it
I'm wishing I had known about the pre-orders when they were live. I know it's going to be a shitshow trying to get one in a store with everyone trying to grab one to sell at an inflated price on eBay. #firstworldproblems

giphy.gif

are they really splitting this game up into 3 parts that will each be $60?

Short answer: Yes.

Longer, likely to be more accurate answer: Each game (rumored to be 3 in total) will exist as it's own full game. The expectation is that this one will end as you leave Midgar after the motorcycle chase/Motor Ball. However, it's been confirmed Motor Ball is not the last boss and a Jenova fight is a part of this release. So the game(s) use the original as a framework, with additional depth/open world tweaks about it.

The story structure exists as Chapters, with Chapter 1 being the original Bombing run and I think I saw somewhere that Chapter 10 is Honey Bee Inn/Aps fight. They've shown Cloud, Barrett, Aeris, and Tifa as playable characters and that Red XIII is in it (when rescued from Hojo) but is not playable in this release. It took me ~45min to complete Ch.1 and some of the cut scenes/story elements were removed from that.

So they are breaking the story-line into multiple parts, but making each part a reasonable length (and hopefully some restructuring of the story elements to make things clearer and not a big mindfuck e.g. Sephiroth never actually being Sephiroth until the end). I'm excited. I think you should be if you were a fan of the original, and if you want to wait to see reasonable gameplay times for each "episode" before taking the plunge I get that too.

Computer games go here too right?

Anyone excited about Baldur's Gate 3? Lot of drama going on after the gameplay reveal at PAX East.

I never played the originals but now that I'm playing DnD I'm pretty interested. I'll have to buy a new PC thought if I want to get the game.

Short answer: Yes.

Longer, likely to be more accurate answer: Each game (rumored to be 3 in total) will exist as it's own full game. The expectation is that this one will end as you leave Midgar after the motorcycle chase/Motor Ball. However, it's been confirmed Motor Ball is not the last boss and a Jenova fight is a part of this release. So the game(s) use the original as a framework, with additional depth/open world tweaks about it.

The story structure exists as Chapters, with Chapter 1 being the original Bombing run and I think I saw somewhere that Chapter 10 is Honey Bee Inn/Aps fight. They've shown Cloud, Barrett, Aeris, and Tifa as playable characters and that Red XIII is in it (when rescued from Hojo) but is not playable in this release. It took me ~45min to complete Ch.1 and some of the cut scenes/story elements were removed from that.

So they are breaking the story-line into multiple parts, but making each part a reasonable length (and hopefully some restructuring of the story elements to make things clearer and not a big mindfuck e.g. Sephiroth never actually being Sephiroth until the end). I'm excited. I think you should be if you were a fan of the original, and if you want to wait to see reasonable gameplay times for each "episode" before taking the plunge I get that too.
solid explanation. thanks man. ya ill probably wait a few to see reviews before I dive in.

I honestly wish I could get excited for FFVII like other people do.

Anyone excited about Baldur's Gate 3? Lot of drama going on after the gameplay reveal at PAX East.

I never played the originals but now that I'm playing DnD I'm pretty interested. I'll have to buy a new PC thought if I want to get the game.
If you don't want to buy a new PC this will also be on Stadia. Maybe their free service will be around by then?

I'll play it, but I'm less excited that it's basically just Divinity

Played through the FFVIIr demo yesterday. The battle system is a definite improvement over the mess that was FFXV, but it still suffered from bloat and confusion during the boss battle.

agreed, it got a little annoying after awhile. But it's just the first Boss battle and youre pretty weak at this point. Be interesting to see how the games evolves battle wise at it gets further into the game

FFXV was absolutely awful.

Back