This thread about the National Basketball Association may not be retransmitted, reproduced, rebroadcast, or otherwise distributed...

They mentioned that Noah may have gone #1 overall if he came out in 2006, instead of 2007. I'm not about to dig up articles to fact check that, but it's pretty interesting if true. Just thinking about how his career is different and how it shakes up that craptastic draft.

Toronto took Bargnani #1, then Chicago took Aldridge and traded him to Portland, Charlotte took Adam Morrison, Portland took Tyrus Thomas and traded him to Chi.

They mentioned that Noah may have gone #1 overall if he came out in 2006, instead of 2007.
I recall that. Talking heads were shocked Noah came back to Florida for the repeat. After the NCAA tournament he was talked about as if he might go #1. Lots of talk about his father being a tennis star in France and Noah didn't care about the NBA money. I don't know if Toronto would have passed on Bargnani though. Everyone loved reaching for those Euros back then.

I recall that. Talking heads were shocked Noah came back to Florida for the repeat. After the NCAA tournament he was talked about as if he might go #1. Lots of talk about his father being a tennis star in France and Noah didn't care about the NBA money. I don't know if Toronto would have passed on Bargnani though. Everyone loved reaching for those Euros back then.
They also mentioned the whole "doesn't even like basketball" angle. Said his agent was for sure planting that story with certain teams/reporters to help sour some teams on him.

your knowledge of Disney is breathtaking
giphy.gif

They mentioned that Noah may have gone #1 overall if he came out in 2006, instead of 2007. I'm not about to dig up articles to fact check that, but it's pretty interesting if true. Just thinking about how his career is different and how it shakes up that craptastic draft.

Toronto took Bargnani #1, then Chicago took Aldridge and traded him to Portland, Charlotte took Adam Morrison, Portland took Tyrus Thomas and traded him to Chi.

is anyone listening to the Trickeration podcast?

i'm dying to find out which Lakers rookie Vlade pranked by giving the guy a fake phone# for Lucy Liu

Back