This thread about the National Basketball Association may not be retransmitted, reproduced, rebroadcast, or otherwise distributed...

giphy.gif

As bad as the 2K tournament? That was like watching friends play video games with staticy voices on the headsets.
Yes but with live movements. Pixelized jump shots, lagging feeds. It's a shitshow.

ESPN's content choices during this pandemic have been so wildly out of touch and inexcusable you would think they furloughed their programming department before this whole thing even started.
Saw a tweet that I brushed off as bullshit at first but I see this and can't help think it's true. Something to the effect of "dozens of A-list celebs are now finding out how hard it is to be a YouTuber."

It's like all of their talents barely translate to this world.

Yes but with live movements. Pixelized jump shots, lagging feeds. It's a shitshow.

Saw a tweet that I brushed off as bullshit at first but I see this and can't help think it's true. Something to the effect of "dozens of A-list celebs are now finding out how hard it is to be a YouTuber."

It's like all of their talents barely translate to this world.

Remember Schwab from Stump the Schwab, the guy who was the first statistician, know-it-all guy? I'm sure there's someone at ESPN right now who knows all the content ESPN still owns the rights to. There's no reason that guy can't pick a few of his favorite/most memorable games, polish up a sit down with SVP or some other anchor, get a couple players on Skype to talk about moments from the game in real time and call it a day. I'd tune in to that.

Just pick ESPN"X" as 24/7 30for30 episodes.

Budget 480p streams of individuals doing individual things without any natural competitiveness or jawing just falls flat as "sports". @nahdog

Remember Schwab from Stump the Schwab, the guy who was the first statistician, know-it-all guy? I'm sure there's someone at ESPN right now who knows all the content ESPN still owns the rights to. There's no reason that guy can't pick a few of his favorite/most memorable games, polish up a sit down with SVP or some other anchor, get a couple players on Skype to talk about moments from the game in real time and call it a day. I'd tune in to that.

Just pick ESPN"X" as 24/7 30for30 episodes.

Budget 480p streams of individuals doing individual things without any natural competitiveness or jawing just falls flat as "sports". @nahdog
I would be into a horse tourney if the quality wasn't so bad. I know having players operate TV quality cameras is a big ask and I suppose they can't travel to an indoor court but most of these dudes are playing out in their goddamn driveways/yards in some questionable elements.

It's bad television.

Back