The Trump Thread (now unabashedly on DDT)

OceanOfMead

Staff member
I turned off my music so I could listen to the press conference, and then I got really in to convoluted work shit. I’ll read the tl;dr later but that was not what I was expecting. Though in hindsight of course there was a massive lobbying organization involved.

The NRA? That's the big news?

No one will give a fuck. This will be tied up in court forever, NRA members will continue to withdraw their support, and send support to other gun rights groups.

The NRA? That's the big news?

No one will give a fuck. This will be tied up in court forever, NRA members will continue to withdraw their support, and send support to other gun rights groups.
Considering they're a huge contributor to GOP and less so Democratic candidate campaigns, this is a big deal.

Not to mention the vast amount spent in lobbying.

Is it going to be a make it or break it for campaign's dissolvement, no.
Is it going to make a huge dent, yes.

Considering they're a huge contributor to GOP and less so Democratic candidate campaigns, this is a big deal.

Not to mention the vast amount spent in lobbying.

Is it going to be a make it or break it for campaign's dissolvement, no.
Is it going to make a huge dent, yes.
I don't know, some guy on the internet who acts as though he knows a lot about everything says it won't be a big deal.

OceanOfMead

Staff member
I don't know, some guy on the internet who acts as though he knows a lot about everything says it won't be a big deal.
I mean.... It was definitely a “how is this STILL a thing” moment reading that after a bunch of companies divested a year or two ago and stopped offering discounts to NRA members and such. The level of comic book villainy that is being exposed is getting tiresome. Which means there is a whole hell of a lot more people hoping they will just get away with it as people move on to other problems. 😕 It’s big but also feels like a distraction at the same time.

No wonder they won't let him out of the basement.
Or to the convention.
Or to debates.

Keep 'ol crazy Joe locked up tight!