The Trump Thread (now unabashedly on DDT)

Normally I don’t care for Frum but he appears to be reporting more than opining here. Fascinating (and, uh, kind of frightening) look into how Trump can fuck things up and enrich himself on the way out. I had not considered that he would just decamp to Mar-a-lago after the election but, I mean, of course he will.

I am less optimistic that some of the protections described will be effective (ie., Chairman of the Joint Chiefs won’t return his call). SCOTUS appeared to just endorse the President’s ability to unilaterally re-appropriate funds despite laws clearly assigning those powers to Congress. Will Trump stop there and push for more, and will SCOTUS continue to oblige? I can take a guess…

Normally I don’t care for Frum but he appears to be reporting more than opining here. Fascinating (and, uh, kind of frightening) look into how Trump can fuck things up and enrich himself on the way out. I had not considered that he would just decamp to Mar-a-lago after the election but, I mean, of course he will.

I am less optimistic that some of the protections described will be effective (ie., Chairman of the Joint Chiefs won’t return his call). SCOTUS appeared to just endorse the President’s ability to unilaterally re-appropriate funds despite laws clearly assigning those powers to Congress. Will Trump stop there and push for more, and will SCOTUS continue to oblige? I can take a guess…
Interesting detail from these exercises.

Another article (not paywalled):

A friend of mine became one and both of his parents were teachers and registered Democrats.
I mean how mean do you have to be to your kid that he does THAT?

Meanwhile I haven't even explained ACAB, the ills of capitalism, etc. to my kid and when one of our adult friends asked him for a birthday idea he opted for a donation made to food banks in his name once that was floated as an option. It's like "shit, I ain't even trying and I'm raising a wannabe philanthropist."

I mean how mean do you have to be to your kid that he does THAT?

Meanwhile I haven't even explained ACAB, the ills of capitalism, etc. to my kid and when one of our adult friends asked him for a birthday idea he opted for a donation made to food banks in his name once that was floated as an option. It's like "shit, I ain't even trying and I'm raising a wannabe philanthropist."
They’re very nice people. He’s a construction management dude who strongly believes in bootstraps and defending small businesses no matter what. He’s unable to see the perspective of others. I try very hard to not discuss politics with him.

Interesting detail from these exercises.

Another article (not paywalled):
Well that have me a nice boost of anxiety.

I have low expectations this will be anything more than saber rattling, but I remain open to the possibility that it's a massive strike that he can't easily shake off.
I honestly don't think this will be anything more than tangentially related to him, at best. And there it is, seeking to dissolve NRA. Still a big deal though.