The RTT

wife: how come you don't come to bed when i go to bed (at 9)

my wife getting ready for bed:
giphy.gif

I read this thread twice so now I think I can land a plane after one of its engines burst into flames.
When the plane is like 95% automated it does make it sound pretty dang easy. It sounded like you could just shut off the other engine, turn on the tail jet to generate extra power and go on with the in-flight movie.

I read this thread twice so now I think I can land a plane after one of its engines burst into flames.

I remember about a decade ago there was a plane with a front landing gear malfunction where the front wheels were basically sideways. I have no idea why but they televised the landing live on all the cable news channels. The crew almost effortlessly landed the fuckin thing mostly on the rear wheels only. Basically, planes are easy to operate and pilots are so fucking good, there has to be some catastrophic shit happen to down a plane.

I remember about a decade ago there was a plane with a front landing gear malfunction where the front wheels were basically sideways. I have no idea why but they televised the landing live on all the cable news channels. The crew almost effortlessly landed the fuckin thing mostly on the rear wheels only. Basically, planes are easy to operate and pilots are so fucking good, there has to be some catastrophic shit happen to down a plane.
Found it:

OceanOfMead

Staff member
You mean like a computer program that convinces the plane the weight balance is wrong and the nose is facing the wrong way like in the Max 8?

I keep stuff sometimes out of guilt. Be it from my side of the family like this ugly ass cherry dining set that’s kind of throw together after you get the stories and it matches nothing in a somewhat modern outfitted home.

or the simple shit my inlaws notice or give us, that aren’t useful or wanted, but they’ll notice when gone if it’s recently shifted ownership.
I won’t dispute I like buying shit as much as the next person, but I also atleast just throw shit away or give it away and don’t have attachment to a lot of stuff.

It’s a balancing game and it’s out the window when it includes something you enjoy.
My grandmother and parent's were/have hoarder tendencies. Thankfully my mom is kind of trying to get rid of some stuff. Whenever she asks if we want X item that she is giving away that will be good for her to get rid of, and that we have no user for, I'll still take it and then put a "free" sign on it and put it on the curb. She thinks she's giving us a great treasure, it gets it out of her house, and some other hoarder then finds a treasure. Wins all the way around!

My in-laws are the exact opposite. They have a fairly "modern" aesthetic and thus they have nothing on their countertops etc. Hell, they keep their toaster oven in a drawer under the sink. It also makes buying them birthday/Christmas presents a huge pain in the ass. Where we joke that they get as much, if not more, joy out of throwing/giving away the gift as they do opening it.