The RTT

For several years now a big
My wife always makes me late for things and it drives me up the fucking wall.
My wife is fairly late unless it’s one her family’s events. Doesn’t bother me...fuck that, it annoys me every time.

Ask my kids the family motto and they will say, "If you're always early, you're never late." Kind of lame, but I repeatedly tell them that showing up on time and consistently being there will set them apart from so many others. Scouting events have offered so many examples of that. We are ALWAYS the first people there and only a few are on time.

Punctuality is also a cultural thing that many people aren’t aware of. It’s kinda stereotypical, but not incorrect. I used to have a lot of South American colleagues, specifically Chilean and Argentinian, and they would ALWAYS show up late and then wanna small talk fifteen minutes into a meeting. Korean and Japanese colleagues were the exact opposite.
My wife worked with a Filipino girl. When she got married her wedding was at 1pm. Filipino guests received an invitation saying the wedding was at noon, while non-Filipinos got the actual the actual start time.

the thing i've noticed about people who are consistently late is that they feel incredibly put out when someone is late for their appointment/date/time.. or if their being late results in their appointment being pushed back/re-scheduled/canceled.

you know your doctor appointment is at 10. be there at 9:45 for the pre-check in. your doctor may be backed up until 10:10, but don't be mad. your appointment got delayed BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WERE LATE TO PREVIOUS APPOINTMENTS which is fucking up the rest of the day's schedule.

this guy on this call keeps going between normal units and off the wall random ones we don't normally use... bro, why are you waffling back and forth for pressures in ounces/square inch and psig or millimeters of mercury and inches of water column.... pick one and stick with it, at least through this call... im wearing out conversion calculators.

it's like he's trying to fuck with us

Im 41 and cannot even fathom missing a flight but I love drinking at airports.

the thing i've noticed about people who are consistently late is that they feel incredibly put out when someone is late for their appointment/date/time.. or if their being late results in their appointment being pushed back/re-scheduled/canceled.

you know your doctor appointment is at 10. be there at 9:45 for the pre-check in. your doctor may be backed up until 10:10, but don't be mad. your appointment got delayed BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WERE LATE TO PREVIOUS APPOINTMENTS which is fucking up the rest of the day's schedule.
Or they are mad that you are put out by them being late.

I left friends at hotels at least twice because I went to pick them up for a wedding only to have them no where close to being ready. And this was after another wedding where they made me late and we literally opened the church doors as the bride started down the aisle.

every now and then i wonder if the guy i ran into walking up to Avenue Pub in New Orleans, the morning of Zwanze in 2017 (or was it 16, whichever year was the framboise with blueberries) was Squinty McWigglespit . They always have a bit of a lineup to put your name on the list and get your wristband for a Zwanze pour at like 9am. Which is weird, since it's a 24 hour bar, but anyways, I was standing in line, not near the front and like, while the names were being taken, bc it'd be dumb to line up early for Zwanze at Avenue (us plebes that aren't on the VIP list), and some guy walks up out of nowhere, slender, kinda tall, blank beige t shirt, olive colored pants. "is this a line... for Zwanze?" (pronounced right, there's no signs or adverts anywhere, so the guy clearly knew what was up) I said yeah it is, and he gave me the "pffffffttt" pushing head back and swatting his left hand motion. then disappeared as casually as he appeared down st charles. just the cavalier attitude the fact that there was a line or that many people or whatever, who knows. the vibe i got from this guy definitely fits from stories that he's told on here and posting style.

i know there's no chance, but whenever i read Squinty McWigglespit posts that's who i envision.

anyone got a line on spike strips?

going to need some to throw out on my street for people doing 70 in a 30 that think they can pass people on the left when it's one lane each way with parking on the sides.

My time is more valuable than yours.

My wife worked with a Filipino girl. When she got married her wedding was at 1pm. Filipino guests received an invitation saying the wedding was at noon, while non-Filipinos got the actual the actual start time.
My aunt and uncle used to be notoriously an hour late for everything so one year for Thanksgiving, my folks told them that everyone was showing up an hour earlier than the actual time.
They actually showed up on time and the only person that was home was my brother and his girlfriend. My parents failed to tell him the plan and he snuck his girlfriend in for a quickie while the rest of the family ran into town to finish the shopping.

That was a pretty damn interesting holiday.

every now and then i wonder if the guy i ran into walking up to Avenue Pub in New Orleans, the morning of Zwanze in 2017 (or was it 16, whichever year was the framboise with blueberries) was Squinty McWigglespit . They always have a bit of a lineup to put your name on the list and get your wristband for a Zwanze pour at like 9am. Which is weird, since it's a 24 hour bar, but anyways, I was standing in line, not near the front and like, while the names were being taken, bc it'd be dumb to line up early for Zwanze at Avenue (us plebes that aren't on the VIP list), and some guy walks up out of nowhere, slender, kinda tall, blank beige t shirt, olive colored pants. "is this a line... for Zwanze?" (pronounced right, there's no signs or adverts anywhere, so the guy clearly knew what was up) I said yeah it is, and he gave me the "pffffffttt" pushing head back and swatting his left hand motion. then disappeared as casually as he appeared down st charles. just the cavalier attitude the fact that there was a line or that many people or whatever, who knows. the vibe i got from this guy definitely fits from stories that he's told on here and posting style.

i know there's no chance, but whenever i read Squinty McWigglespit posts that's who i envision.
Wasn't me. I show up at noon and walk into the bar without a ticket to get my pour. They save one for me. Talk to the liners? Pffft. That's a plebe move.

So I've been doing a ton of puzzles. I've become the 85 year old guy from Wisconsin who drinks too much and does puzzles by himself. And also during conference calls. This, my 18th of the pandemic, my son picked out at the store. He is really good at puzzles and at 4 helps me with the 1000 and 1500 piece ones. He did the border for this one by himself. I noticed when we got home it had been re-sealed, presumably from a return.

20200915_235206.jpg

Rage does not describe my feelings.