• The first DDT Glassware is on sale! Check out the announcement here!
  • User TallJustin has put together a LIF to help a friend fight cancer. Check it out here. (If you don't have access, DM Nathan.)

The RTT

Naw that's what I really wanted to be as a kid. I got way into putt putt as a preteen and held like 3 course records simultaneously.
There's a foreclosed property not far from my work that is zoned mixed-use that has a house (in severe need of renovations), a diner (looks old as shit), a run down batting cage, and a 9-hole mini golf course all for $70k. Don't think the idea hasn't crossed my mind.

Strife&Upheaval

Send me Percy Pigs
There's a foreclosed property not far from my work that is zoned mixed-use that has a house (in severe need of renovations), a diner (looks old as shit), a run down batting cage, and a 9-hole mini golf course all for $70k. Don't think the idea hasn't crossed my mind.
Is it near a brewery chutning out tins of over priced hazy beer?

Could turn it into a doss house for a bunch of people to split the costs and make all the razzle $.

That’s a pretty big security risk. How does your help desk not view this as an issue?
for real
we're required to take our laptops home at night. my boss's boss goes around at night and snatches up any laptops that were left unattended/unlocked. only takes once to be reminded that you can get fired for any security breaches before you remember to take the computer home at night.

for real
we're required to take our laptops home at night. my boss's boss goes around at night and snatches up any laptops that were left unattended/unlocked. only takes once to be reminded that you can get fired for any security breaches before you remember to take the computer home at night.
We are required to leave them locked, which mine is. And the machines need a company log in. But again, locked floor, 24 hour security, cameras on the exits. But yeah, I put it away in a locked cabinet last night which for sure solved the problem. The managers thought it was just as odd as I did. We do have “quiet room” machines for folks to use while their PC is being upgraded or serviced (which you still can’t log in to unless you have a company log in), but the whole thing was just... odd.

for real
This happened to me my second week at my job. I will never forget to take my laptop home again.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that I instant messaged my boss and told him to come here and smell my fart, or the fact that he actually came down to my office. I started laughing as soon as I saw him and he said "if you're telling me I need to come smell it, then it must be pretty fucking impressive".

for real
Really weird to me that your employer considers having your laptop in your possession outside of the office is more secure than inside the office. I could understand requiring you to lock them in a cabinet or in a locking dock but how is your office desk better than the back seat of your car?