• The first DDT Glassware is on sale! Check out the announcement here!
  • User TallJustin has put together a LIF to help a friend fight cancer. Check it out here. (If you don't have access, DM Nathan.)

The RTT

Stakem

Tômester
Hey Stakem how'd the knee surgery go man? You all high on pain meds?
Doing the best I can. Thanks for asking.

Its only been ~8 hours and im already bored out of my skull and want to start hobbling around the yard for exercise.

Doc says the first 48 hours are most crucial to keep it elevated and iced so im accepting the torture and weathering the storm.

I was suppose to start my pain management an hour ago but im muscling through without it. Might pop a pill before bed to assist in falling asleep but we will cross that bridge when the time comes.

Doing the best I can. Thanks for asking.

Its only been ~8 hours and im already bored out of my skull and want to start hobbling around the yard for exercise.

Doc says the first 48 hours are most crucial to keep it elevated and iced so im accepting the torture and weathering the storm.

I was suppose to start my pain management an hour ago but im muscling through without it. Might pop a pill before bed to assist in falling asleep but we will cross that bridge when the time comes.
What you get done?

Tore my meniscus a few years ago and had to heal in a tiny LA apt with no AC in July. Thank god for that motorized ice wrap thingy and a boatload of weed.

I hope BadJustin didn't try to text me tonight (spoiler alert: no one else does) because I left my phone upstairs. Partied hard at Gogol Bordello Saturday and was still sore this morning, but made it to the gym after work anyway and am too stiff to move but it is time to pry myself off the couch and go to bed.

Stakem

Tômester
What you get done?

Tore my meniscus a few years ago and had to heal in a tiny LA apt with no AC in July. Thank god for that motorized ice wrap thingy and a boatload of weed.
Couple weeks back I dislocated my patella twice in 5 minutes. Also did it 15 years ago but did nothing about it. This time I sheered off a piece of bone and cartilage when it went out and partially tore my medial ligament.

Had arthroscopy to remove the floaters.

Couple weeks back I dislocated my patella twice in 5 minutes. Also did it 15 years ago but did nothing about it. This time I sheered off a piece of bone and cartilage when it went out and partially tore my medial ligament.

Had arthroscopy to remove the floaters.
Aw fuck, best of luck man. Hopefully you have better health insurance than I did at the time. My first phys therapy place was terrible and by the time I was able to switch over to another facility(which was great) I had almost run out of visits and couldn’t come outta pocket for more. Never been able to run long distance since unfortunately.

Aw fuck, best of luck man. Hopefully you have better health insurance than I did at the time. My first phys therapy place was terrible and by the time I was able to switch over to another facility(which was great) I had almost run out of visits and couldn’t come outta pocket for more. Never been able to run long distance since unfortunately.
I had a meniscus repair a couple years ago, full lateral bucket handle tear. I was completely locked before surgery, unable to straighten my leg more than half way. I think I was getting dinged for like $30-40 every physical therapy visit, 3x a week for two months. Fucking insurance industry.