The Official Parenting Thread

Nope. Once the straps are pulled tight that seat/carrier isn't going anywhere.
Both of my kids are in boosters and the backs are coming off them now so there's nothing to secure the base. It's tough because ever review for every seat protector is that they're great or awful and ruin the seats.

Can anyone recommend rear seat protectors? I just bought a new car yesterday and I don't want my kids booster seats leaving indents in the leather.

Lemme look at what I got. I got three of em for my new truck and while two kids use boosters they will still tear up your seats. Bonus points for containing a fair bit of their messes too. These have been working well and have little rubber tabs to help stay in place. We get no sliding from any of the seats.

I also take the seats out periodically so they aren’t sitting in the same spot. That is what bakes the dents into the seats.

My 7 year old is in summer camp and is occasionally mingling with teenagers (5th/6th graders) for the first time, really, and it's going poorly. He's so naive and innocent and is in awe of them and they're borderline bullying him, from what I can gather from his stories. Making fun of his haircut (mohawk), etc. He has always been the outgoing kid, older than everyone else and friendly with everyone, so this is really bugging him.

It's hard to balance wanting him to learn to deal with this adverisity, stand up for himself or ask a counselor for help, and being "that parent" and beating the everloving shit out of those little cockbag punks.

Anyone ISO of a hiking pack? Have this Osprey POCO AG. My kid is too big for it. He loves it from about 1 year old to somewhat recently. It’s sturdy, has a sun shade you can stow and enough pockets to store all the shit. It’s in very good cosmetic and structural condition

Like to send it to a fellow DDT parent who could get mileage out of it. Shelf turds and it’s yours!!

Here is what it looks like. And here is the full description.

Anyone ISO of a hiking pack? Have this Osprey POCO AG. My kid is too big for it. He loves it from about 1 year old to somewhat recently. It’s sturdy, has a sun shade you can stow and enough pockets to store all the shit. It’s in very good cosmetic and structural condition

Like to send it to a fellow DDT parent who could get mileage out of it. Shelf turds and it’s yours!!

Here is what it looks like. And here is the full description.

Man, your kid musta gotten big fast. I think my daughter is a couple months older, and she still comfortably fits in that - we have the same pack including the color.

Man, your kid musta gotten big fast. I think my daughter is a couple months older, and she still comfortably fits in that - we have the same pack including the color.
I'm pretty certain my 7 year old daughter would fit in there. I almost tried it with one of those things at EMS a few weeks back but didn't want to potentially break it because it was 300+ dollars.

I could post this in like 4 different threads, but doing it here. Yesterday I discovered that for the third day in a row my fucking cat pissed on the couch, and while I was washing the affected blankets etc my kid (1169 days old) wandered into the cellar, doing his usual routine of messing with bunjee cords and picking up bottles at random. He then got really excited, picked up a bottle, and started talking about how it "matched" and how we needed to go upstairs. I was like, uh, ok? He marched into our living room where we have a Cantillon Kriek poster hanging, and it turns out that the bottle he grabbed was a Kriek. He recognized the label and wanted them to be together, which was pretty cute.

Now, if he can pull that shit off, I'd love to know why he stares at me like I'm an alien when explaining how to play with his matching construction machine cards...

My wife and I go back and forth about what movies are appropriate for the kids. We try to avoid introducing then to something too sexual or too dramatic. I feel a lot of her criticism has to do with whether she wants to watch the movie. Last night I made the executive decision to watch Airplane.

I got a couple of cringing stares, but all in all things were going well and my wife was laughing. When we got to the part where Julie Hagerty is blowing up the auto-pilot, my wife shoots me this evil look. Lesley Neilsen comes in and out if the cockpit and my ten year old says, "DOES HE THINK SHE IS GIVING HIM A BLOWJOB?"

I am howling with laughter as my wife gently begins to ask where he heard that term. My older son, totally clueless, keeps asking why I'm laughing.

“I’m pooping.”

As the kid decides to drop a massive load at the swim up bar. Guess that virgin Pina Colada stoked the bowels. Sobered up right quick, got him out of the war and spent a good twenty minutes on triage and cleanups. It’s a murder scene with a pull up swim diaper.
Add this to your Instagram you coward! Show the world that it’s not all just hikes, dogs, beaches and beer!

Back