The Official Parenting Thread

Little dude is 15 weeks today, doc says he's doing pretty well. 75% height and 25% weight against the growth chart, I'm thinking those are solid numbers considering he was off the charts low when he was born/2 weeks

He's sleeping well, like really well, 7 hours a night well. I'm betting we'll get the 4 months regression I've heard about and be back to 3-4 hours without interruption

Little dude is 15 weeks today, doc says he's doing pretty well. 75% height and 25% weight against the growth chart, I'm thinking those are solid numbers considering he was off the charts low when he was born/2 weeks

He's sleeping well, like really well, 7 hours a night well. I'm betting we'll get the 4 months regression I've heard about and be back to 3-4 hours without interruption

Don't worry too much about the regression. My kid is just over a year now (I'm supposed to say 13 months right?). He was sleeping similar to your little dude, hit the regression, and was back to sleeping through the night in a week or two. It's honestly teething that's been the worst for him. Once you hit six months and can give Motrin you're set. Tylenol sucks

Don't worry too much about the regression. My kid is just over a year now (I'm supposed to say 13 months right?). He was sleeping similar to your little dude, hit the regression, and was back to sleeping through the night in a week or two. It's honestly teething that's been the worst for him. Once you hit six months and can give Motrin you're set. Tylenol sucks

Yeah the little guy is drooling like a leaky faucet, I think it's from teething

Stakem

Tômester
My daughter is turning 8 in a week.

Things I learned about her within the last 72 hours:

-She is capable of murdering her 5 year old brother if left alone with him.
-When it comes to coaching her for softball, she doesnt listen to a fucking thing I say but if someone else even remotely suggests something, she listens intently.

Three kiddos here (7, 6, 2--girl, girl, boy). Last Saturday, drop the girls off at the rec center for a class and take my son over to the swings for a while to enjoy the one-kid-only moment: pushing him on the swing and sub rosa drinking a nice stout out of a thermos. At one point, he jumps off the swing and tells me "come'ere" running away and then looks back and I am enveloped in all the feels--end of a Hallmark movie or coming of age book, just soaking up the they-grow-up-so-fast moment when he shouts "don't forget your beer!" Of course I'm midsip and sensing all the other parents' eyes on me. I didn't tell him it was beer, because he's two, but he thinks all I drink is beer (I mean, it could've been Bourbon or actually coffee). For the benefits of the judgy audience I shout back, "son, this is black coffee" and he deadpans unsmilingly, "no it's a beer" and runs to the slides.

Our first child (a boy) is due 7/7. Doing the best I can to prepare while knowing I will never be fully prepared.
Our son turns 1 year right around the same time. I think you'll be OK, yes some things will kick your ass but for me it just became normal really fast. I was never a kid guy but the second he was born it was like...hey there's this little guy who's part of my family and he needs my help.