The Official Dog Pix Thread

We are dogsitting my in-laws' dog, Sadie, for the next couple of weeks. She has a growth in her bladder which has caused her to be a bit less in control of her urination, so we are taking her out every couple of hours (she does not seem to be in pain at all). She is a sweet girl and is otherwise in great health for her age (10.5), but the vet said she only has 6 months to a year left. We are going to try to make these couple weeks as enjoyable and comfortable as possible for her. I've gotten to know her pretty well over the past 7 years since I've been dating/married to my wife, and it's going to be sad when she goes (and especially so for my FiL, her primary caregiver).

I've also never seen a dog that sits like this:IMG_20200125_221017894.jpg

We are dogsitting my in-laws' dog, Sadie, for the next couple of weeks. She has a growth in her bladder which has caused her to be a bit less in control of her urination, so we are taking her out every couple of hours (she does not seem to be in pain at all). She is a sweet girl and is otherwise in great health for her age (10.5), but the vet said she only has 6 months to a year left. We are going to try to make these couple weeks as enjoyable and comfortable as possible for her. I've gotten to know her pretty well over the past 7 years since I've been dating/married to my wife, and it's going to be sad when she goes (and especially so for my FiL, her primary caregiver).

I've also never seen a dog that sits like this:IMG_20200125_221017894.jpg

you should certainly spoil the shit out of that good girl. Also:

No pix. Stray GSD roaming a few neighborhoods. My wife almost captured him in our backyard Tuesday morning. A neighbor across the way got him last night and fed him. But kept him in her backyard vs garage. 30mins before I was to pick him up today he dined and dashed after breakfast.

Spent 45 mins driving 2 neighborhoods this morning with no luck. Soft spot for Shepard's, pissed he dug his way out.

So this whole process has been interesting.
Called vets to report the missing dog, he's already famous on NextDoor. Put it on a few FB local lost pet places for a few regions of town. And used Pawboost to get his pic and story out.

One vet has a discount on shots for vday tomorrow morning so he will be current on vaccinations. Same vet has a new patient free checkup coupon. Using that to save $$ to get his blood and poop tested.

The bummer is same vet told me to keep my dogs away until Kodiak (we named him) checks out because as she said, you want 1 bill or 3? So that's 2 weeks of my mutts feeling abandoned.

He kenneled up last night and didn't say a peep all night. Chows down, not food aggressive, can play with his ears and paws without him getting defensive. Also has a soft mouth when taking treats from your hand.

And fancyboi is going to get a new collar and leash.

So this whole process has been interesting.
Called vets to report the missing dog, he's already famous on NextDoor. Put it on a few FB local lost pet places for a few regions of town. And used Pawboost to get his pic and story out.

One vet has a discount on shots for vday tomorrow morning so he will be current on vaccinations. Same vet has a new patient free checkup coupon. Using that to save $$ to get his blood and poop tested.

The bummer is same vet told me to keep my dogs away until Kodiak (we named him) checks out because as she said, you want 1 bill or 3? So that's 2 weeks of my mutts feeling abandoned.

He kenneled up last night and didn't say a peep all night. Chows down, not food aggressive, can play with his ears and paws without him getting defensive. Also has a soft mouth when taking treats from your hand.

And fancyboi is going to get a new collar and leash.

Why would your dogs be forbidden to be around? If they are current on vaccinations / worming and healthy I guess maybe I’m scanning over the risk?

Back