The Official Dog Pix Thread

Well, Ferris got attacked today...I think the dog is a Bouvier de Flanders? The owner always turns around or crosses the street when leashed. Just bad timing today, we were walking by his house and the owner happened to be opening the gate at that exact time (not sure if coming out for a walk or just working around the house...but the dog broke free...not a small dog (males 80-120 but Rufus is on the smaller size). Knock wood I *think* I was able to shield Ferris...I didn’t see a wound on him, but I got bit with broken skin in 4 spots on my leg...I’ll save the bloody pics. Got steri-strips instead of stitches...and an overdue tetanus shot.

o34sm1x.jpg

Ouch, hope you and the pup end up okay. Hopefully the owner isn’t a huge asshole over it. I’d have likely caused some harm to a dog attacking me, so kudos to you for being able to walk(limp) away and not lose your cool on the neighbor.

Your post reminds me - I didn't update that Ferris did come up with one spot where he was bleeding shortly after I posted that pic. I called the emergency vet and based on my description, confirmed it was OK to wait for regular vet the next business day.

He came out of it with a single puncture wound only 1-2mm deep - got a small 2"x2" patch shaved, cleaned up on site, and 7-days of antibiotics. No stitches, no cone, etc.

Could've been much worse if say my wife or son was walking Ferris alone, or heck even if it went another way and the other dog got Ferris's face, neck, belly, etc. Other owner has been very good about it in the end.

IMG_20200705_220630399.jpg

Last night, sleepy unaware puppy.
She made it to vet, was sedated, and as they were shaving her they found a secondary skin infection. Surgery postponed for 2 weeks while she is on antibiotics. We then have to return to bathing her every other day with medicated suds. Her favorite thing to do is to spend hours lying in the grass getting bitten by bugs and she has allergies/skin issues anyway. And no more sunbathing in the yard.

Pup was crazy concerned with the kiddos in the lake, and while we’ve never had her legit swimming in deep water, other than going out on sandbars in the ocean and splashing around, we decided to help her out and get a doggie “float coat”.

it’s a thinnish type of life jacket, has a design and handle to lift them into boats and rocks if needed, but man are they awesome.

she’s a super strong swimming we’ve found, aided by her her huge webbed paws, but she hates when the kids get too far and she jumps off the kayaks or the dock and goes to them. This helps her swim a little more relaxed and gives my wife peace of mind.

C955649A-D240-4083-9A02-53E1081387E0.png
Here she is modeling her Ruffwear jacket after a lap in the lake, not so quietly hinting that she wants to run in the valley and jump in the creek.

Go the other way. Pretend Millie is short for Mildred or Millicent. Or just call her M. A friend’s wife whose name begins with that letter is oft referred to as M like a Bond agent.

Just needed to bring this back up. Thank you.

my dog now knows when I draw out the long name is millicent she is pissing me off. She absolutely 100% knows she as being a turd, and responds. Perhaps my tone, but yes. Millie is her name. “Mill” her short name and come to jesus and give me the fucking dead animal name is “Millicent”

Back