The Official Dog Pix Thread

I can help with the dog situation. Go to the nearest shelter, fall in love with one, repeat.
I have repeatedly looked at adopting, but The city and county humane societies are almost entirely pit bull or chihuahua types. I am not comfortable with the first and not interested in the second. We have been hitting up beagle rescues and talking to other rescue orgs. I will say that some of these orgs are a bit extreme. I got chewed out for saying I would expect my dog to sleep outside in Southern California. It rarely dips below 40, I have a covered dog house under a covered porch with a bog dog pillow from Costco. SoMe of these people are kooks.

I have repeatedly looked at adopting, but The city and county humane societies are almost entirely pit bull or chihuahua types. I am not comfortable with the first and not interested in the second. We have been hitting up beagle rescues and talking to other rescue orgs. I will say that some of these orgs are a bit extreme. I got chewed out for saying I would expect my dog to sleep outside in Southern California. It rarely dips below 40, I have a covered dog house under a covered porch with a bog dog pillow from Costco. SoMe of these people are kooks.
Good luck finding a reputable adoption agency that will give you dog your outdoor sleeping requirements. Remember, these dogs come from horrible homes where they were abused and mistreated. If I'm being honest, if you're not willing to let a dog in your home at night, I don't think you are good fit for getting a dog. It's not about the weather, it's about the love and caring it shows.

I implore of you, if you really want a dog, please consider them as a member of your family. You wouldn't make your child sleep outside would you?

If you change your mind and want a doggo you can treat like the treasure they are I can help you with some local, breed specific adoption agencies.

I'm sorry if the above came off as rude but I'm bothered by your statement as someone who is a big supporter of rescues. No offense intended.

Good luck finding a reputable adoption agency that will give you dog your outdoor sleeping requirements. Remember, these dogs come from horrible homes where they were abused and mistreated. If I'm being honest, if you're not willing to let a dog in your home at night, I don't think you are good fit for getting a dog. It's not about the weather, it's about the love and caring it shows.

I implore of you, if you really want a dog, please consider them as a member of your family. You wouldn't make your child sleep outside would you?

If you change your mind and want a doggo you can treat like the treasure they are I can help you with some local, breed specific adoption agencies.

I'm sorry if the above came off as rude but I'm bothered by your statement as someone who is a big supporter of rescues. No offense intended.
Not rude at all. I have had inside and outside dogs all my life. We let our dogs inside when we can hang with them. When we have to leave or when everyone goes to sleep, we go to our respective rooms, dog included. I prefer to have my dog outside to alert me to strangers, chase off pests and have the freedom to go to the bathroom as needed. I acutally have made my kids sleep outside. We camp regularly. While I consider our dogs to be part of our family, I do not consider them equal to humans. I see little difference to allowing dogs to have their own space outside than say a horse. I think it's a matter of personal preference.

Not rude at all. I have had inside and outside dogs all my life. We let our dogs inside when we can hang with them. When we have to leave or when everyone goes to sleep, we go to our respective rooms, dog included. I prefer to have my dog outside to alert me to strangers, chase off pests and have the freedom to go to the bathroom as needed. I acutally have made my kids sleep outside. We camp regularly. While I consider our dogs to be part of our family, I do not consider them equal to humans. I see little difference to allowing dogs to have their own space outside than say a horse. I think it's a matter of personal preference.
Let me rephrase, you wouldn't force you child to sleep alone outside every night should you?

A dog can have a personal space inside your home as well. Hannah has her crate that she loves.

Either way, you likely won't be able to get a dog from a rescue with that requirement. The people that run these rescues usually view dogs as a part of a family and, while not equal to humans, very, very close. I don't run a rescue but I know if I did that would absolutely be a nonstarter for me.

I implore of you, if you really do want to get a dog, and the rescue/adoption agency says the sleeping outside thing is a no go, please don't lie to get one. These animals have been through a lot and deserve a super loving home to live in. That's not to say you're home wouldn't be but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Anyway, here's Hannah

IMG_20200406_171129.jpg

Yukon is 1/2 way through heartworm treatment. I dropped him off at the vet's today for a shot #2 this morning and shot #3 tomorrow morning. Pick him up Friday late afternoon. He was NOT happy to be taken into the office, and the tech came to my car to get him. Then he's going to get his nuts clipped once he's clear of the worms. My other 2 GSD's get to come home since he's gone, it's been 30 days since they were last here.

He sleeps in a kennel for now, once they're all back together and reestablish the pecking order then he may be allowed to sleep free. Dogs are not allowed on the furniture. But I love them having the run of the house in case someone tries to get in. Which is very very remote, but I sleep better knowing they're around.

Hannah had some blood in her urine this morning. She's had a UTI before we got her and the vet said it probably didn't fully clear up when I took her this morning. Urine sample culture should be back next week and it's antibiotics until then. She doesn't seem like she's in pain at all but I feel bad for the poor girl.

IMG_20200308_163350.jpg

LA face with an Oakland booty.

PP60irc.jpg

Back