• The first DDT Glassware is on sale! Check out the announcement here!
  • Jerm has put together a LIF to help with COVID-19 relief. Check it out here. (If you don't have access, DM Nathan.)

The Official Dog Pix Thread

Anyone have a dog food they would recommend for an old dog? Ive been giving my dog BD brain health food for a while now since he has doggie dementia, but he really doesnt like it, its not exactly helping his dementia, and its $65/bag so fuck it. Not sure what else is out there/worth it though.

Anyone have a dog food they would recommend for an old dog? Ive been giving my dog BD brain health food for a while now since he has doggie dementia, but he really doesnt like it, its not exactly helping his dementia, and its $65/bag so fuck it. Not sure what else is out there/worth it though.
We feed our dog food from The Farmer's Dog, which is expensive. However, it is formulated for her specific needs (weight control/vitamins and stuff), she loves it, and it is actually made with human grade ingredients so if the shit hits the fan (or if more shit hits more fans, I guess) you'll have a freezer full of like pureed turkey and sweet potatoes as a backup.

We feed our dog food from The Farmer's Dog, which is expensive. However, it is formulated for her specific needs (weight control/vitamins and stuff), she loves it, and it is actually made with human grade ingredients so if the shit hits the fan (or if more shit hits more fans, I guess) you'll have a freezer full of like pureed turkey and sweet potatoes as a backup.
Thanks. I looked it up. Looks healthy and downable in a real post-apocalyptic type scenario, but damn is it expensive.

Thanks. I looked it up. Looks healthy and downable in a real post-apocalyptic type scenario, but damn is it expensive.
Unexpected benefit of that fancy food--my dog does not fart. She used to unleash an absolutely horrendous parade of gas every night from about 7:00-9:00PM. But now, no gas. Ever.

So if your dog has a chronic case of death butt, it could be a sound investment.

We used to feed some wild shit back in the day, and I for one completely love that our new girl loves the PPP sport dog blend, and it loves her back. By far the fattiest, highest protein food I’ve ever used and she still doesn’t get fat.

Out back hiding in the landscape currently-

573B6D12-1E82-4149-96E5-D4808CF168F4.jpeg

Our street dog, like any other adopted mutt, got lots of leftover toys. All beaten and used up. But he was happy, probably never had toys before. He had a favorite ball, same as Denver, which had 2 handles, a tennis ball inside. He finally tore it apart after 3 weeks to get the tennis ball. Then was eating the rubber and I was tired of fishing rubber bits out of his mouth. Tonight it hit the trash.

IMG_20200328_213336125.jpg

And he immediately got a new one. That rolls. And has a tennis ball. I threw it for him and he pounced on it. While he was goalie tending it, I walked over and stepped on it.

Imagine his delighted surprise and wonder when that ball squeaked like a motherfucker. He jumped way back, barked and pounced again. Tail wagging furiously.

IMG_20200328_214707986.jpg

He's new favorite toy. Way better than the last.