• The first DDT Glassware is on sale! Check out the announcement here!
  • Jerm has put together a LIF to help with COVID-19 relief. Check it out here. (If you don't have access, DM Nathan.)

The Official Dog Pix Thread

Sweet mapping!
Does it only work with the phone ? Can it vibrate and simulate?

what’s the deal with connectivity and distance, especially straight line or not ?
It’s only mobile based. No stimulation features. It uses a mix of low power GPS, Bluetooth, and an LTE connection. You set a circumference around your home and if the dog goes out of that area without the owner, you get alerted. I wish you could draw the property border on the map, but it’s still been super accurate. It also tracks how many steps your dog takes to encourage you to get them active.

It’s only mobile based. No stimulation features. It uses a mix of low power GPS, Bluetooth, and an LTE connection. You set a circumference around your home and if the dog goes out of that area without the owner, you get alerted. I wish you could draw the property border on the map, but it’s still been super accurate. It also tracks how many steps your dog takes to encourage you to get them active.
Fitbit for dogs, what a time to be alive.

Our 2 GSDs are on an invisible fence at my parents place so they can tear ass around on their 1.5ac. They haven't broken the line once. Set way to train the dog, and it gives an audible warning before they get popped.
Bella's is set to medium and if she hears BeepBeep anywhere even with the collar off she will get up and move away.

Denver's is set for an Elephant and that's what got her to pay attention.

Plan for Yukon is the same but since he is a runner I'm a lot more concerned he will break the line, get popped, get scared and run further. Have several months to go before we're ready to train him.

The fence does require a line to be buried in the yard and charged. So not 100% sure if that's the same thing you're looking at for home.

Our 2 GSDs are on an invisible fence at my parents place so they can tear ass around on their 1.5ac. They haven't broken the line once. Set way to train the dog, and it gives an audible warning before they get popped.
Bella's is set to medium and if she hears BeepBeep anywhere even with the collar off she will get up and move away.

Denver's is set for an Elephant and that's what got her to pay attention.

Plan for Yukon is the same but since he is a runner I'm a lot more concerned he will break the line, get popped, get scared and run further. Have several months to go before we're ready to train him.

The fence does require a line to be buried in the yard and charged. So not 100% sure if that's the same thing you're looking at for home.
No. I have a fence, and not worried about that. Im more worried about having her off leash in the woods, trails, etc. need a way to keep connected to her for my own mental well being.

The garmin collar we have now should suffice. Zapped myself a few times to see the levels and I don’t think it’ll take much to get her attention. Point is to annoy them until they comply with the command and then it goes away.

Anyone ever use an e-collar or a gps collar?

long shot I’m sure since most here have inside/pavement doggies; but I know someone’s had a sporting/hunting breed!

Grabbed a garmin e-collar to start doing some work with on the GSP, obviously needed with a larger rambunctious breed, and one I’m ideally training for retrieving, bird pointing, and bike/hike trail running.

Anyone got some true points of interest on bang up tips for training? Haven’t even used the collar on the dog. Tone, vibrate and 36 modes of “nicking” which is a short zap. I tried it up to 22 before it got somewhat uncomfortable on the inner wrist, my 4 year old thought it was fun( crazy ) and made it to 17 before he pulled back any. I certainly don’t want to hurt our girl, but has proven to completely ignore my commands she otherwise understands.
We used an e-collar in combination with a prong collar (see avatar) when training Shelby. She was very protective (not of food, just us and the house) and it became a bit of an issue. I think we only "zapped" her like 3 times until she shaped up.
It helped to have a professional help us as well. Because we would have fucked it up and trained her not to give a shit about someone knocking at the door, as opposed to responding to the "No!" command. We are fine with her barking if she hears shit outside, she just needed to respond to her command to shut the fuck up.
And the prong collar was a freaking miracle for training her on her "spot", walks, sit, down and come. I doubt we will ever have a dog that is not trained with one.
That's a lie, actually. Shelby responded poorly to Sashi's poor response to her prong collar training. Sashi would squeak and Shelby would lose her shit over it, get her own self corrected, and it became a vicious and weird cycle. But Sashi didn't really need too much training. She barks when people come over, but it's the opposite of protection. She's just trying to get pet, and as soon as that happens, she's back to normal.

IMG_20200225_101802117.jpg

First frozen peanut butter Kong (with bonus kibble). He's spending more time in the kennel during the week while we're at work. Dad's coming over midday to spend an hour and let him out.

In reading how to deal with his future extended time for HW treatment they say keep him occupied with puzzle games loaded with food.

So now he'll get one when we leave for work and when dad leaves.

Meanwhile my wife asked me...."Which PB did you use?"

There's only one, that she buys. Free range, organic gluten something or other organic plants. Now she's mad at me for giving him the expensive stuff.

"But he loves it!" And 2 more loaded and in the freezer tonight.

IMG_20200225_101802117.jpg

First frozen peanut butter Kong (with bonus kibble). He's spending more time in the kennel during the week while we're at work. Dad's coming over midday to spend an hour and let him out.

In reading how to deal with his future extended time for HW treatment they say keep him occupied with puzzle games loaded with food.

So now he'll get one when we leave for work and when dad leaves.

Meanwhile my wife asked me...."Which PB did you use?"

There's only one, that she buys. Free range, organic gluten something or other organic plants. Now she's mad at me for giving him the expensive stuff.

"But he loves it!" And 2 more loaded and in the freezer tonight.
I’ve been in ALOT of peanut fields. Need to find me my first free range one.

So this will be an adjustment. Yukon wants to play non stop. Bella engages. Denver, seems to be terrified, which is the exact opposite of what I expected.

And Yukon has now decided to mark his territory inside the house. 2 weeks, no problems. Last 12hrs, problems.

6C724F9C-5553-45D0-B664-9468DEB4327C.jpeg
This chick thinks she’s a fucking cat. Sleeps on the back of the couch in the corner, zero fucks given for the 6 dog beds available to her.

those paws and legs are not proportionate anymore at roughly 18 weeks I think...

One of the sweetest dogs I’ve ever met or had though, despite her being absolute camo in my yard where we can’t find her, and her massively deep bark that sounds like a 100 pound dog.

Last edited:
E collar training for table cruising and recall has been phenomenal.

Also.... anyone got a dog who’s an absolute slob when drinking? My gsp is like the drunk girl at the car who spills half the drink down her chest and face and in one fluid motion runs from the bar spilling almost all of it on the way to somewhere else.

gotta be her lips or something holding water ?