The "I Hate Beer" Thread

tenor.gif

I tried Boston Cream Pie and Eggnog last winter, both were odd and wouldn't buy a second time but not offensively off flavor. Definitely a hint of chocolate in the BCP. Curious to see what they roll out for winter flavors this year
Mostly curious about the butter rum. Would like to try a ginger vanilla. A popular Detroit treat is a Boston Cooler (named for the city neighborhood), which is a Vernor’s float, so a ginger vanilla may be neat. Maybe I’ll make a “hard seltzer” at home by blending some schramm’s ginger and Vanilla seltzer.

Mostly curious about the butter rum. Would like to try a ginger vanilla. A popular Detroit treat is a Boston Cooler (named for the city neighborhood), which is a Vernor’s float, so a ginger vanilla may be neat. Maybe I’ll make a “hard seltzer” at home by blending some schramm’s ginger and Vanilla seltzer.
My local place has ginger/lime mule (apparently ginger apple and ginger lemonade also exist)...haven't seen a plain ginger or ginger vanilla but would definitely be down with that

Polar is the Omnipollo of seltzer. But they're actually consistently good.

Accurate.

Polar is consistently good and I desperately wish they would distribute to IL. The regular lineup is excellent, and they made news a few years ago with some themed specialty seltzers that were mostly good!

- Unicorn Kisses (cotton candy), the worst one*
- Yeti Mischief (Hawaiian Punch), the best one*
- Mermaid Song (Swedish Fish), the Swedish Fish one
- Dragon Whispers (unclear!), the medium one*

*taste is subjective, or whatever

This feels like it's at least 5 years too late:

https://www.deschutesbrewery.com/reserveclub/

We brew and age a lot of damn tasty beer. Our Reserve program beers are sought after and can be hard to get your hands on. So, we’re making it easy for you. With our Reserve Club, you will get hand-selected reserve beers and access to barrel-aged beer that no one else has (well maybe Gary Fish does).

Our inaugural, limited membership will include 12 bottles per year. You will receive two six-bottle fulfillments each year, in April and October. This membership is limited to 200 people – we’re calling them the Reserve Club Pioneers. The first fulfillment will ship in October of 2019.

To level the playing field, we are selecting the Pioneer members through a lottery. Sign-up below by Monday, August 19th at Noon to throw your name in the hat! (Only one entry per person). Winners will be notified on August 20th, and provided with registration details.

Other Details:
The membership costs $200 per year, members will be charged $100 per fulfillment in April and October. If members live outside of Oregon, they must designate someone within the State of Oregon who is 21+ to pick up or receive a shipment. Questions? Email reserveclub@deschutesbrewery.com For more details about the Reserve Club, please visit the official Reserve Club page.

This feels like it's at least 5 years too late:

https://www.deschutesbrewery.com/reserveclub/

This development is fascinating.

Perhaps it’s only a problem in my market, but the Deschutes barrel-aged beers languish, even the newer releases. It doesn’t sound like they’ll be making any society-only beers, but maybe they’ll throw a bone and toss in a weird Abyss barrel treatment.

Also: only 200 members? So many questions.

EDIT: nvm, they tease member-only bottles and vintage bottles.

This development is fascinating.

Perhaps it’s only a problem in my market, but the Deschutes barrel-aged beers languish, even the newer releases. It doesn’t sound like they’ll be making any society-only beers, but maybe they’ll throw a bone and toss in a weird Abyss barrel treatment.

Also: only 200 members? So many questions.

EDIT: nvm, they tease member-only bottles and vintage bottles.

Have to imagine this is purely a hype-building move. They already do brewpub-only releases, which are often really good beers, but even those get no hype. I guess the only solution to create hype is to go even smaller with releases through a society.

Back