The Footy Thread (Soccer is a terrible word)

I actually really do want Luton to avoid relegation.

I am very new to this sport but I'm really getting into it, so last year after the season ended I read Fever Pitch at the recommendation of one of my London colleagues. In it, I learned the first team relegated in the last year before the Premier league began was Luton.

End of last year, I found out this is their first year back in the top level. 1992! And they've fallen as far down as the fifth tier in that time.

I hope they stick around now that they made it back.

I actually really do want Luton to avoid relegation.

I am very new to this sport but I'm really getting into it, so last year after the season ended I read Fever Pitch at the recommendation of one of my London colleagues. In it, I learned the first team relegated in the last year before the Premier league began was Luton.

End of last year, I found out this is their first year back in the top level. 1992! And they've fallen as far down as the fifth tier in that time.

I hope they stick around now that they made it back.

They also play pretty attractively compared to most relegation-threatened teams. And it's hard not to cheer for them after what happened to Lockyer (twice in less than a year). Must be terrifying to watch a teammate go down like that.

Forest gets the 4-point deduction and now Luton's late equalizer on Saturday looks even more crucial.
yes, let us make an example out of Forest. the evil doers must be punished to the full extent of the law, regardless of the size of your wallet. :rolleyes:

Back