The Comic Book Shop

IMO your best bet is to find a shop that will take them all as a bunch. You could include the good ones in the deal or piecemeal them out, but you will have a harder time unloading the unwanted stuff.

I'll take that hulk issue off your hands if you have a decent price in mind. PM a homie.
If you don't work out a deal with someone here I'd suggest getting that Hulk graded, even if average condition you're looking at some decent money. The Spider Man is also probably worth trying to sell individually, though I don't know I'd bother grading it unless you think it has a shot at NM.

If you have a price in mind for the World's Finest and maybe Superboy, I might be interested.
just googled hulk 181 for shits and giggles and wow

Huh, that Hulk might be worth a little more than I thought I see the 6.0 grade is about to close for more than $2k. Looking at how these are graded, I don’t think mine would be a 6.0, but maybe a 5.5. It has a crease in the bottom right corner of the cover. Yeah it might be worth the $50 to get it graded and throw that bitch on the internet.
But if anyone is really interested, I can throw a list together of what I have. I’m not looking to really bank on my shit, basically just cover inflation (I bought these mostly for $1-2 in the early 90s).

Huh, that Hulk might be worth a little more than I thought I see the 6.0 grade is about to close for more than $2k. Looking at how these are graded, I don’t think mine would be a 6.0, but maybe a 5.5. It has a crease in the bottom right corner of the cover. Yeah it might be worth the $50 to get it graded and throw that bitch on the internet.
But if anyone is really interested, I can throw a list together of what I have. I’m not looking to really bank on my shit, basically just cover inflation (I bought these mostly for $1-2 in the early 90s).

Yeah, you should just sell the hulk to a shop. I'm a mild collector and not an investor. I'll love to have it, but I was also quite surprised at the prices. The value/worth equation here doesn't do it for me personally. I'm sure someone else is willing to pay a lot more than me based on those prices. Though honestly I think a lot of those listing are over inflated.

I would most certainly be interested in checking out any lists you put together.

Would you mind posting some pics of it? Front/back cover, staples and a couple of inside pages. I understand if you want to try to avoid handling it too much though.

Warren Ellis is writing a Batman series. I am much excite.

ELLIS AND HITCH REUNITE FOR THE DARK KNIGHT’S 80TH ANNIVERSARY
The Authority on Superhero Comics Get Into Batman’s Head…and Grave

Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch, one of the most legendary creative partnerships in modern comic book history, reunite for THE BATMAN’S GRAVE, a twelve-issue monthly DC maxi-series about life, death and the questions most are too afraid to ask. The team that brought us THE AUTHORITY now turn their talents towards The World’s Greatest Detective, whose current case forces him to inhabit the mind of a murder victim with a half-eaten face—without filling the empty grave next to those of his parents.
But first, Ellis and Hitch get into the mind of a butler. Once a week, rain or shine, Alfred Pennyworth walks to a little cemetery plot in the Wayne Manor grounds. He meticulously tends to Thomas and Martha’s headstones, plinths and slabs: weeding, cleaning, polishing. But how much longer before there’s another Wayne memorial to tend to?
“My very first work at DC was two issues of LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT,” begins Ellis, “so it's been twenty-five years since I did a full-length story with the Batman. I’ve decided to revisit the crime scene where my career in American comics began, and I'm so grateful that my old comrade Bryan Hitch is doing this midnight run with me. It's been too many years since we last did a long campaign together.”
Within this dynamic duo’s new comic lives a Batman with an almost psychotic identification with murder victims. He immerses himself in their lives and obsesses over every detail of their deaths. Even as Batman would process the evidence and approach the perpetrator from one side, he would live inside the life of the victim as they approached their death.
“I’ve drawn some covers and used Batman in Justice League and JLA,” continues Hitch, “but since I read Jim Aparo and Don Newton’s Batman runs in the 80’s I’ve wanted to do a proper, big Batman story. Fellow Authoritarian Warren Ellis had one to tell, so when he mentioned it I said ‘yes’ before even asking what it was about. That’s what you do when Warren says ‘I’ve got a proper, big Batman story.’ It’s been over 20 years since we changed Superhero comics together, and now we get to give Batman the fight of his life.”
THE BATMAN’S GRAVE #1, written by Warren Ellis with art by Bryan Hitch and Kevin Nowlan, debuts in comic book stores and online retailers on Wednesday, October 9 with a cover by Hitch and a variant cover by JeeHyung Lee. For more news and updates on the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, visit www.dccomics.com, the DC YouTube channel or follow @DCComics on social media.
CMQUE3dZnCpq5aUQZRMlALFLGljJMFLBXeI-FWBCMgbStj42RyP3au01Zqea7qW-FMsMfux85icd9XJN1kCdWXbl--Yjp8EL4XaMS-j3fi2UH2z_Sa5Bopi573pObg_APpPN0L_CcqL3pT1E1JQ=s0-d-e1-ft

A friend of mine is reading Watchmen for the first time right now. She saw the trailer for the upcoming HBO series, thought it looked kind of cool, and decided to read the book to prepare. I am so jealous that she gets to read the book for the first time. I would love to be able to go back and read that book for the first time again.

just googled hulk 181 for shits and giggles and wow

I have a copy of Hulk #180. Still a valuable comic but much less valuable than #181.

This first appearance of Wolverine has always puzzled me. Wolverine is on a full panel on the very last page in #180 but it’s not considered the first appearance. It’s called a cameo first appearance. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Isn’t a first appearance a first appearance? Lol.

This isn’t technically comic book related but is about super heroes. Anyone watching The Boys on Amazon Prime? I’m two episodes in and I gotta say...it’s awesome. Absolutely worth a watch.

I haven't seen the show but really enjoyed the books back when I was still buying comics. Being familiar with the, uh, nature of the content, I figured I would check it out next time the gf is away for a day or two.

This isn’t technically comic book related but is about super heroes. Anyone watching The Boys on Amazon Prime? I’m two episodes in and I gotta say...it’s awesome. Absolutely worth a watch.
well i mean it's based on a comic book, so it checks out lol. Binged it in two days and loved it. Started reading the comic immediately after.

well i mean it's based on a comic book, so it checks out lol. Binged it in two days and loved it. Started reading the comic immediately after.

Starting this as my next show to watch. Got about 6 more eps of the current series I'm watching. Really excited. I remember reading The Boys like 20 years ago but honestly can't recall anything outside of the main characters. Happy to hear you guys dig it!

Back