The BBQ and grilling thread including Big Green Eggs and everything else too

96DAAED0-05DA-4D08-883A-94DAD0BFE5A1.jpeg
Got the 11 pound breast on. Much bigger than expected, but that’s what they held for me. Spatchcocked it to cook a little more even as well. Sweet tea brine for almost a day, dried out and a little dash of seasoning. Smoking with pecan and maple. Got my pan under it with veggies and fresh herbs to catch drippings with a little veggie stock to use for the smoked gravy.

5A745677-AD68-4A8B-BBD4-B5F9C9DA83E9.jpeg
Ironically only pic with the bird. It was over pecan and maple and cooked pretty quick honestly.
Pulled at 150 degrees and about an hour rest wrapped up. Decent but the big breasts kind of suck.
Had a whole heritage turkey I fried and it was better in texture but I have a feeling the left overs are always, what better being smoked.

Anywho- hope everyone had a great day, find something to be thankful for, I appreciate the soundboard and the connections made here and hope everyone got something fired up this week enjoyed it with someone they enjoy.

Saw an ad for a local BBQ provision store near me and I really wish I hadn’t. Going to spend lots of money there. Went there today and bought a bunch of Meat Church rubs and some local wood for smoking. They also had Smithey pans, which are in my future. And they also carry Snake River Farms. Bought some hot dogs and ground beef. As much as they guy working the counter tried, I didn’t buy the $175 brisket.

Saw an ad for a local BBQ provision store near me and I really wish I hadn’t. Going to spend lots of money there. Went there today and bought a bunch of Meat Church rubs and some local wood for smoking. They also had Smithey pans, which are in my future. And they also carry Snake River Farms. Bought some hot dogs and ground beef. As much as they guy working the counter tried, I didn’t buy the $175 brisket.
What's the store? Might need to check it out

This is like my local store, except they also sell beer and wine, growlers and sell traegers.

the ground beef from SRF is great. The briskets are phenomenal but need to be bought on sale. The skirt steak I will pay double for.

PS: the gospel is a fantastic rub from them.

What's the store? Might need to check it out
Proud Souls. I went to the one by Mile High but there’s one on Santa Fe in Littleton too.

8DF824F2-3A48-4527-878D-A8B84ED8E743.jpeg
Getting our entire house flooring ripped up on Monday and replaced so helping the guys out by making my freezer and fridge lighter.

smoked some wings over pecan and hickory, until around 160 degrees. Then dunked them in the peanut oil we had from frying a turkey. 400 degrees for mere minutes and off to cool.
5B34F3ED-F677-4643-B5CD-D41A019FC0BB.jpeg

Made a sauce with my SILs family made Datil Pepper sauce, and adding in the usual suspects like butter, but also a little sourwood honey from Georgia.

Smo-fried wings with Datil pepper honey hot sauce!
AE5CF6BE-D219-4E47-A439-B997B0542636.jpeg

This is like my local store, except they also sell beer and wine, growlers and sell traegers.

the ground beef from SRF is great. The briskets are phenomenal but need to be bought on sale. The skirt steak I will pay double for.

PS: the gospel is a fantastic rub from them.

I'm 100% sold that the best burger I can make is a smash burger with 1/2 American wagyu, 1/2 prime beef with some of the gospel mixed in, dry aged bacon on the blackstone first to get a layer of bacon fat down, after initial smash ill sprinkle more of the gospel on. No more after flipping, just cheese. Double patties, cheese on both.

Martins potato buns toasted in the bacon fat too....

Goddamn.

But yeah the gospel is 👍

I'm 100% sold that the best burger I can make is a smash burger with 1/2 American wagyu, 1/2 prime beef with some of the gospel mixed in, dry aged bacon on the blackstone first to get a layer of bacon fat down, after initial smash ill sprinkle more of the gospel on. No more after flipping, just cheese.

Martins potato buns toasted in the bacon fat too....

Goddamn.

But yeah the gospel is 👍

I see we may have an extremely close method. I do similar, but also thin slice sweet onion and put down on the griddle after the bacon.

add some boars head white American cheese and holy fuck.

Back