Talkin' 'bout Beerz

Sign of the times

PDEFlNB.jpg
Wish i could find something like this, bcbs is still quite amazing.

I like the game’s premise, but craft Pilsners are plentiful and really fucking easy to find. Maybe the main character should be on a never ending quest cause “no one makes a good brown ale!!”
I was at a random brewpub in Carson City and asked the waiter what the good beers were, he recommended a brown ale and I just thought "screw it I'll try it." It was actually really good!

I came very close to buying the latest versions of Nelson and Duet that reappeared near me before recalling Einstein's definition of insanity. There's a nonzero chance I'll still get them though and then use the excuse that the extra few days may have been a factor in my inevitable disappointment to justify buying the next round too.

Jester King with yet another clean ale. An imperial coffee stout. In fucking... CANS.

doomforgecanrelease12%20%25281%2529.jpg

For 2020 Doom Forge Day at Jester King, we're excited to introduce Doom Forge Imperial Coffee Stout!

Doom Forge Imperial Coffee Stout is an American-Style Imperial Stout with one pound per barrel coffee from our friends at Figure 8 Coffee Purveyors in Austin. During a coffee cupping with Figure 8 at their shop, we selected 75% Ethiopia Guji Sere Saba Natural and 25% Kenya Mehotoro Estate AB. The tasting notes are below.

Doom Forge Imperial Coffee Stout was brewed on December 19th, 2019 with a base of Pale Moon Malt from our friends at Blacklands Malt, as well as caramel, brown, chocolate, and black malts, flaked oats, and hops. It was fermented in stainless steel with a pure culture of California Ale yeast.

Doom Forge Imperial Coffee Stout is 10.0% alcohol by volume. It was packaged on January 24th at Jester King. It will be released this SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST AT NOON as part of Doom Forge Day! It will be available by the glass, as well as in 16 oz. four-pack cans. We have 240 four-packs ($20) available with a limit of one per guest. Cheers!

giphy.gif

T-minus how long until Jeff and the gang are putting out haze cans and Atrial raspberry smoothie beers?

Jester King with yet another clean ale. An imperial coffee stout. In fucking... CANS.

doomforgecanrelease12%20%25281%2529.jpg

giphy.gif

T-minus how long until Jeff and the gang are putting out haze cans and Atrial raspberry smoothie beers?

I actually like everything about this except for "Doom Forge Day". Besides not getting what it's about and there being no explanation (I have to presume it's more than just a fucking canned coffee stout release), as LurchingBeast once noted "X Day" should only be used for the OGs: Dark Lord Day, Darkness Day, Kate Day (which of course is retired now), and Hunahpu Day. Anything beer-related after that should use some other sort of event naming.

I actually like everything about this except for "Doom Forge Day". Besides not getting what it's about and there being no explanation (I have to presume it's more than just a fucking canned coffee stout release), as LurchingBeast once noted "X Day" should only be used for the OGs: Dark Lord Day, Darkness Day, Kate Day (which of course is retired now), and Hunahpu Day. Anything beer-related after that should use some other sort of event naming.
giphy.gif

I like the sentiment here but can't help but disagree with the conclusion because "Day" is about as generic as it can get. Dark Lord Day and friends do not get to reserve the word day. That's absurd.

If I can't use the word "day" to describe my "day event," what am I supposed to use?

Unless the answer is like how every car commercial now refers to a sale as an "event." Doom Forge Sales Event. COME ON DOWN TO JESTER KING FEBRUARY 1 FOR STOUT MONTH.

Back