Talkin' 'bout Beerz

Been in Wisconsin for a couple of years. Typical average to above average haze. Not worth the price of admission 9/10 times.

I mean, if you don't get any good haze and that's your thing, go for it. I certainly ticked a bunch of them when they first got here, but haven't in well over a year.
In my (obvously anecdotal) experience, hazy IPAs from out-of-state distribution are almost always not worth it. They don't travel/keep well. California may not be the best state for them but my locals - if you can stretch that down to Salinas and up to the Sacramento area - are good enough to scratch that occasional itch.

Did they? Did we get it? I thought it was some Oak Vanilla one last year but that could have been the year before.
Yes, they did and it came here. I honestly think I got it at HEB or maybe Whichcraft in mueller? I dropped the bag it was in while unloading and it shattered in my driveway. I did not repurchase.

Ive actually done that twice now. The other time was a Lagunitas seasonal sixer and lost two of the bottles.

Yes, they did and it came here. I honestly think I got it at HEB or maybe Whichcraft in mueller? I dropped the bag it was in while unloading and it shattered in my driveway. I did not repurchase.

Ive actually done that twice now. The other time was a Lagunitas seasonal sixer and lost two of the bottles.

this happened to me last time I went to the hot sauce expo. Dropped one of the bags and lost half my haul.

the who did what now??
We have a hot sauce festival in Austin too that's been going on for decades. Lots of vendors, beer, and tastings. They'll put you through the line and you'll try 20 sauces in a row in the same style then dump you out on a beer line with mouth aflame. Then you go through again with another style of hot sauce. It's fun stuff but goddamn it's a hot event (heat wise, outside, end of summer).

Last edited:
Back