Streaming is the hotness.

Funny you mention the sound bar. Our vizio sound bar randomly just turns off with our Samsung tv. I have to physically get up and turn it back on to use it.

I bought this Costco Roku Pack as we have two tv's that aren't that smart. Don't know if is all that good of a deal, but easy to return. I think this set up is for two tv's.
Yeah. Any time I watched the MLB app or the HBO app I had to manually switch to the TV speakers. No idea why. I tried everything. Oh well. Works fine now.

Funny you mention the sound bar. Our vizio sound bar randomly just turns off with our Samsung tv. I have to physically get up and turn it back on to use it.

I bought this Costco Roku Pack as we have two tv's that aren't that smart. Don't know if is all that good of a deal, but easy to return. I think this set up is for two tv's.
Roku Ultra 4K is the same one that's built into my TCL TV and it's tight tight tight. Put that one on your main TV. That's $99 normally so I think you got a good deal with the combo.

Our Samsung TV went to screensaver mode because we watched too many episodes in a row of something on whatever streaming box we got from the cable company for Peacock.

Just bought a new Samsung TV for our bedroom and was going to try and get by with the native Samsung UI and not get another Roku. (We love our Roku Ultra 4K on our main TV.) A week in and the Samsung UI is such a pain in the ass and such a bad experience. HBO Max app has stopped working all together. YouTube TV app works ok but it takes at least 20-30 seconds to get to it with the UI. Went ahead and ordered another Roku.

I have a Fire stick on every TV and they’re fine. And cheap if you hit a sale. Interface isn’t great but it never takes me more than a minute to find anything — except on Amazon Prime, which just sucks on all platforms trying find something.

No HBO Max but I added it in about two minutes following directions I found online.

And I love my Apple TV but it is old as shit and doesn’t allow me to download new apps. And new ones probably cost as much as my five Fire sticks combined.

And Samsung Smart TV apps suck. Nothing I could do could ever get them to work with my sound bar.
Can you point me to those site or steps for HBO Max? I did a "side load" for Peacock but the Max app I got from the same location does not stay installed after the Firestick goes to sleep.

Also re: sound bar, my Firestick auto connects to the bar about most of the time if I sequence switching the bar to bluetooth and then hitting the home button right after. Still, its quick and easy to connect manually when needed.

My gf has a Roku and I really don't have a preference between the two. The apps are similar enough and easy to access. Neither will search HBO Max for movies or shows so you have to manually check, but hopefully that is resolved in due time.

Can you point me to those site or steps for HBO Max? I did a "side load" for Peacock but the Max app I got from the same location does not stay installed after the Firestick goes to sleep.

Also re: sound bar, my Firestick auto connects to the bar about most of the time if I sequence switching the bar to bluetooth and then hitting the home button right after. Still, its quick and easy to connect manually when needed.

My gf has a Roku and I really don't have a preference between the two. The apps are similar enough and easy to access. Neither will search HBO Max for movies or shows so you have to manually check, but hopefully that is resolved in due time.
I think I used this article:

And the HBO Max icon doesn’t show up. Just a white box with HBO. I installed/uninstalled twice because I thought it was wrong. They I opened it and it was the HBO Max interface.

Oh shit I had no idea that Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman were making a new “Long Way...” series with Apple+. “Long Way Up” comes out this Friday [with electric motorcycles] from the tip of South America to LA. Nice.

If you haven’t seen “Long Way Round” (London to NYC to the East) it’s excellent. (“Long Way Down” [Scotland to South Africa] less as much)

Oh shit I had no idea that Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman were making a new “Long Way...” series with Apple+. “Long Way Up” comes out this Friday [with electric motorcycles] from the tip of South America to LA. Nice.

If you haven’t seen “Long Way Round” (London to NYC to the East) it’s excellent. (“Long Way Down” [Scotland to South Africa] less as much)
Loved both of those. Don't want to pay for another fucking streaming service, but I do want to watch that.

Loved both of those. Don't want to pay for another fucking streaming service, but I do want to watch that.
Don't pay for Apple+, lol. I've watched like 2 shows on there in the last 6 months. I only have it because my wife upgraded her iPhone.

Maybe wait until there are a few series you want to watch and sign up for a trial.

Binged through Normal People in two nights, that was some exceptional acting and many of the poor judgment calls due to miscommunications hit way too close to home oooof

Really enjoyed it and hell, I put both of Sally Rooney's books on hold at the library

Guess my Roku stick is too old to handle adding Peacock and I have to buy a new version. Robbing twats, worked to add a channel last week without any hassle.

Back