• The first DDT Glassware is on sale! Check out the announcement here!
  • Jerm has put together a LIF to help with COVID-19 relief. Check it out here. (If you don't have access, DM Nathan.)

Space

From the release:
This image of asteroid Bennu was captured on Jun. 13, 2019, shortly after NASA’s OSIRIS-REx spacecraft executed its second orbital insertion maneuver. From the spacecraft’s vantage point in orbit, half of Bennu is sunlit and half is in shadow. Bennu’s largest boulder can also be seen protruding from the southern hemisphere. The image was taken from a distance of 0.4 miles (690 m) above the asteroid’s surface by NavCam 1, one of three navigation cameras that comprise the spacecraft’s TAGCAMS (the Touch-and-Go Camera System) suite. At this distance, details as small as 1.6 ft (0.5 m) across can be resolved in the center of the image.

This probably doesn't belong in this thread, but has anyone else followed Bob Lazar?

Joe Rogan recently interviewed him, and yeah say what you will about Rogan, but I think he's a great interview host and tends to sniff out bullshit.

Bob has claimed for 30 years to have worked on alien spacecraft near Area 51 in the early 80s. Things he has claimed have been dismissed as impossible yet later released as fact. He never goes off the deep end like other conspiracy guys tend to. He simply states what he saw, touched, experienced, and has suffered consequences from all of that. Basically he comes off as genuine through a lot of scrutiny.

I think this is worth discussion after the release of those Air Force videos a year ago at so. If this needs a thread outside of simply space talk, feel free to move it to a different thread.

This probably doesn't belong in this thread, but has anyone else followed Bob Lazar?

Joe Rogan recently interviewed him, and yeah say what you will about Rogan, but I think he's a great interview host and tends to sniff out bullshit.

Bob has claimed for 30 years to have worked on alien spacecraft near Area 51 in the early 80s. Things he has claimed have been dismissed as impossible yet later released as fact. He never goes off the deep end like other conspiracy guys tend to. He simply states what he saw, touched, experienced, and has suffered consequences from all of that. Basically he comes off as genuine through a lot of scrutiny.

I think this is worth discussion after the release of those Air Force videos a year ago at so. If this needs a thread outside of simply space talk, feel free to move it to a different thread.
If one believes that the universe is infinite, logically doesn't one also have to believe that there is life out there somewhere? And if the universe is truly infinite that would mean that every possible iteration of life, even those which we are unaware of, exists somewhere. The extent to which those lifeforms are interested in/have attempted to investigate our planet is debatable. But they are out there somewhere without a doubt. I personally don't need physical evidence.

If one believes that the universe is infinite, logically doesn't one also have to believe that there is life out there somewhere? And if the universe is truly infinite that would mean that every possible iteration of life, even those which we are unaware of, exists somewhere. The extent to which those lifeforms are interested in/have attempted to investigate our planet is debatable. But they are out there somewhere without a doubt. I personally don't need physical evidence.

Fermi Paradox

Article about uniting quantum theory with Einstein’s Theory of General Relativity and the perception of light:
There’s a pretty slick informational video embedded in this article that I couldn’t figure out how to link to directly..