Soup is a Magic Elixir

I'll probably be making soup around once a week until next May... Here's avgolemono from the other night:

- Squeeze a ton of lemons ( # depending on your lemony preference - I used 8 I think)
- Saute yellow onion and garlic, salt + pepper
- Add chicken broth and chicken (I use thighs), bring to a boil and then simmer until chicken is cooked
- Shred chicken and return to pot
- Add 1/2C rice and simmer for 15-20min
- Beat 3 eggs, then add a small amount of broth to the eggs while whisking
- Stir in egg mixture and cook for ~5min
- Add fresh parsley
👩‍🍳
6017C351-759B-4B45-B06C-48C1CC9EB039.jpeg

OceanOfMead

Staff member

So as is, this is a 2-star recipe and minus the cheddar crisps it’s completely vegan. That being said, it’s a great recipe to play with. Swap the water for stock or cream and it wows in a hurry.

OceanOfMead

Staff member
Including this recipe from the web but I recommend his Mexican Everyday book for all kinds of home making Mexican food. Keeping up my #1 Rick Bayless fangirl status.

Including this recipe from the web but I recommend his Mexican Everyday book for all kinds of home making Mexican food. Keeping up my #1 Rick Bayless fangirl status.

Corn tortillas are key;)

So as is, this is a 2-star recipe and minus the cheddar crisps it’s completely vegan. That being said, it’s a great recipe to play with. Swap the water for stock or cream and it wows in a hurry.
Sounds good!
Which also begs- why do people even bother with water in a soup?? You are missing flavors!

We always use a broth for ANY water additions of any substance in a recipe.