Snacks!

not sure this has a home so i'm putting it here

my kids friends took them to Pizza Ranch a while back. they beg to go all the time now. i think we've been twice in the last year or so. including this week.

the place has Barrilitos Aguas Frescas Mango-Lime flavor on tap. i'll drink an orange Fanta or Mug/Barq's/Baumeister root beer about once a month. otherwise, just water. this stuff caught my eye though. and holy shit is it good.

the older i get the less i enjoy sweets. i'm more a mild vanilla, etc. flavor guy. this stuff is pretty sweet but not as harshly sweet as most fast food fountain drinks, to be sure. would drink a lot if i could find bottles/cans in stores.
Boo for hibiscus instead of jamaica.

Bougie indulgence:

617D4392l9L._SY355_.jpg

Normal indulgences: Everything else, though lately it's Popcorners in various flavors.
Haven't had TJs takis but I also hate going. Their lentil curls are my fave.
Zapps Dill > Cajun > everything else
Also, Amish/PA Dutch kettle chips cooked in lard are magical.

BravoDawg will tell you I'm dangerously addicted to anything salty and snacky. Chips > candy

Bougie indulgence:

617D4392l9L._SY355_.jpg

Normal indulgences: Everything else, though lately it's Popcorners in various flavors.
Haven't had TJs takis but I also hate going. Their lentil curls are my fave.
Zapps Dill > Cajun > everything else
Also, Amish/PA Dutch kettle chips cooked in lard are magical.

BravoDawg will tell you I'm dangerously addicted to anything salty and snacky. Chips > candy
I recommend the TJ’s elote chips. They are spicier than elotes should be, but they have so much corn flavor.

I recommend the TJ’s elote chips. They are spicier than elotes should be, but they have so much corn flavor.

I saw elote chips (not TJs) when we were in South Jersey visiting my dad. I passed because we already had too much shit, but guess I should give them a go.

Also I am a fan of seaweed flavored potato chips, whether Lays, Calbee, or other. Forgot to mention that above. Probably mentioned it a few times on that other site.

First job as a lawyer, I’d stay up up doing blow most of the night and then head out to work in the Loop.

I’d walk downstairs to the little market at my office building (111 W Washington) at around 10:00 am every morning and buy a bag of these along with a Texas Honeybun for my breakfast.

How I’m still alive, I’ll never know.
My first job as a lawyer I would stay up late drinking coffee and listening to hippy coffeehouse singers while working on cases.

I'd wake up in the morning to steel cut oats.
giphy.gif

Back