• The first DDT Glassware is on sale! Check out the announcement here!
  • Jerm has put together a LIF to help with COVID-19 relief. Check it out here. (If you don't have access, DM Nathan.)

Snacks!

OceanOfMead

Staff member
not sure this has a home so i'm putting it here

my kids friends took them to Pizza Ranch a while back. they beg to go all the time now. i think we've been twice in the last year or so. including this week.

the place has Barrilitos Aguas Frescas Mango-Lime flavor on tap. i'll drink an orange Fanta or Mug/Barq's/Baumeister root beer about once a month. otherwise, just water. this stuff caught my eye though. and holy shit is it good.

the older i get the less i enjoy sweets. i'm more a mild vanilla, etc. flavor guy. this stuff is pretty sweet but not as harshly sweet as most fast food fountain drinks, to be sure. would drink a lot if i could find bottles/cans in stores.
Boo for hibiscus instead of jamaica.

Bougie indulgence:

Normal indulgences: Everything else, though lately it's Popcorners in various flavors.
Haven't had TJs takis but I also hate going. Their lentil curls are my fave.
Zapps Dill > Cajun > everything else
Also, Amish/PA Dutch kettle chips cooked in lard are magical.

BravoDawg will tell you I'm dangerously addicted to anything salty and snacky. Chips > candy

OceanOfMead

Staff member
Bougie indulgence:

Normal indulgences: Everything else, though lately it's Popcorners in various flavors.
Haven't had TJs takis but I also hate going. Their lentil curls are my fave.
Zapps Dill > Cajun > everything else
Also, Amish/PA Dutch kettle chips cooked in lard are magical.

BravoDawg will tell you I'm dangerously addicted to anything salty and snacky. Chips > candy
I recommend the TJ’s elote chips. They are spicier than elotes should be, but they have so much corn flavor.

I recommend the TJ’s elote chips. They are spicier than elotes should be, but they have so much corn flavor.
I saw elote chips (not TJs) when we were in South Jersey visiting my dad. I passed because we already had too much shit, but guess I should give them a go.

Also I am a fan of seaweed flavored potato chips, whether Lays, Calbee, or other. Forgot to mention that above. Probably mentioned it a few times on that other site.

First job as a lawyer, I’d stay up up doing blow most of the night and then head out to work in the Loop.

I’d walk downstairs to the little market at my office building (111 W Washington) at around 10:00 am every morning and buy a bag of these along with a Texas Honeybun for my breakfast.

How I’m still alive, I’ll never know.
My first job as a lawyer I would stay up late drinking coffee and listening to hippy coffeehouse singers while working on cases.

I'd wake up in the morning to steel cut oats.

tosh

Send me Percy Pigs
I should have posted my crisp haul from last week.

Many bags of Roast chicken, Smoky Bacon, pickled Onion, prawn cocktail and Worcester Sauce were purchased and mainly consumed already.